Anyone have latest experience of Kor Ror 11

I have put this here as not directly connected to immigration

So i have finally arrived back in Thailand with a Non 'O' with the intension of getting an extension regarding being a parent of a Thai child.

This was talked about last year but the conditions of the Kor Ror 11 were not mentioned

My first hurdle started when i went to get the Kor Ror 11. They need my passport translated and stamped/verified by the UK embassy.

Can i do this all at Trendy office building Bangkok or do i need to make an appointment with the UK embassy? obviously time being the factor

I am happy to make the long trip from Issan to Bangkok to get things moving quickly as i know that once i have the Kor Ror 11 immigration has to send all the relevant documents to Khon Kean who issue the extension and this can take up to a month

My only other hurdle as such was when i tried to explain to immigration that i just wanted to renew my extension each year, much like any other yearly extension

I stated that i would get a re-entry permit upon which the immigration officer stated "cannot" 

So my second question is why can i not get a re-entry permit or do I not need one (unlikely) as this will very much make my plans redundant.

Are you legal father of your child by way of marriage or by way of legitimizing your parenthood?

Your passport can only be certified at the UK embassy.

You can do it by mail. See: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1055529/Application_pack_-_certified_copy_by_post.pdf

Alos more info here. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#certified_copy_of_a_childs_passport

31 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

My only other hurdle as such was when i tried to explain to immigration that i just wanted to renew my extension each year, much like any other yearly extension

I stated that i would get a re-entry permit upon which the immigration officer stated "cannot" 

So my second question is why can i not get a re-entry permit or do I not need one (unlikely) as this will very much make my plans redundant.

Forgot to reply to this part of you topic.

You can get a re-entry permit after your extension is stamped in your passport. 

Do you have a non-o visa entry now. You will need that to apply for the one year extension.

Edit: Have you looked at this topic on the Family and Children Forum?

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you legal father of your child by way of marriage or by way of legitimizing your parenthood?

My only claim is of being named on the birth certificate and he has my family name on the birth certificate

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have a non-o visa entry now. You will need that to apply for the one year extension.

Edit: Have you looked at this topic on the Family and Children Forum?

yes i have a non o visa entry now which has been stamped to the 29th Jan 2023 I have read this topic on numerous occasions which gave me cause to believe it would be a simple process. 

At the Amphur i was shown an A4 paper that had a copy of some ones passport and the translated copy next to it

There was also a stamped letter from the UK embassy  validating the passpor.t  I don't know if it was a separate letter or on the back of the copy/translated passport as there was no stamp covering the passport

In other words it might of been a photo copy of the other side.

I think the topic you mention needs to be updated as although you do not need a lawyer you will need translated copies of your passport, could this be done at trendy office?

7 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

I think the topic you mention needs to be updated as although you do not need a lawyer you will need translated copies of your passport, could this be done at trendy office?

Did you read my previous post about getting certified copy of your passport at the embassy.

The you would have the copy translated to Thai and have it certified at the Department of Consular affairs of the MFA in Bangkok. Most translation services can to the certification done for you.

• 11 months later...

Can you typically get the Kor Ror 11 at your Amphur without a court order? For a teenage child, father is listed on the birth certificate, same surname etc)

Can you typically get the Kor Ror 11 if married to the child's mother?

Does immigration accept the Kor Ror 11 for annual Non-O extensions based on being a father to a Thai? Thai mother/wife doesn't live in Thailand so marriage extensions would not be possible.

So:

Can it be obtained by the amphur without court order with both parents and child present?

Can it be obtained whilst married to the Thai mother?

Can it be used for annual extensions based on father of a child whilst the Thai wife and mother doesn't live in Thailand?

8 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Can you typically get the Kor Ror 11 at your Amphur without a court order? For a teenage child, father is listed on the birth certificate, same surname etc)

Can you typically get the Kor Ror 11 if married to the child's mother?

Does immigration accept the Kor Ror 11 for annual Non-O extensions based on being a father to a Thai? Thai mother/wife doesn't live in Thailand so marriage extensions would not be possible.

So:

Can it be obtained by the amphur without court order with both parents and child present?

Can it be obtained whilst married to the Thai mother?

Can it be used for annual extensions based on father of a child whilst the Thai wife and mother doesn't live in Thailand?

If you are living with a teenaged child in Thailand, it should be possible to get this sorted out with just a supporting letter from your wife. You might run into roadblocks at the amphoe or immigration office, but it should be possible to get things sorted out. You will need the child with you at both the amphoe and at immigration.

• Like 1