Are passport copies accepted for domestic flights ?

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

No, officially you need one of the documents listed here for foreigners:

https://www.airportthai.co.th/en/which-documents-are-accepted-for-domestic-travel/

They might or might not allow you to fly with some form of ID not listed there, but you cannot rely on that. For example, some people have reported success with a foreign DL.

Looks to me based on your link that the answer is YES.

A Thai driver license  for a car or motorbike should work just fine.

The Pink Card is an Alien registration card, but the small print indicates it is only for use within the province of issue. Nevertheless Air Asia refused to accept it at Buriram airport, despite being issued in Buriram province. No problem at Don Muang for the return flight!

I once had to argue being allowed to take a domestic flight after I showed up with my passport but not the credit card I'd booked the flight with. A supervisor was called and it was only because I was a gold card member that she, reluctantly, allowed me onto the plane at the last minute.

So I very much doubt that a paper copy of anything would be accepted.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I once had to argue being allowed to take a domestic flight after I showed up with my passport but not the credit card I'd booked the flight with. A supervisor was called and it was only because I was a gold card member that she, reluctantly, allowed me onto the plane at the last minute.

So I very much doubt that a paper copy of anything would be accepted.

CC not required these days. In fact in 16 years I dont recall being asked for one.

I have used drivers licence in the past. (home country DL).

Once I was refused at security with boarding pass issued by machine. She was not happy with my photo ID from DL.

Had my pp with me so produced that. Do not know what would have been the result without pp.

OP, why can't you provide pp.

If it's being renewed etc don't you have old pp. 

On 11/11/2022 at 2:05 PM, Mino said:

Tried once on a Bkk-Phuket Thai Lion Air flight, but was denied. Used my TDL and was accepted.

But Lion Air are <deleted>,They refused me at UTH, Sain my Carry on bag was to Big.....It IS Officially 20cms Approved Cabin Baggage.....Never had ANY Trouble with ANY of the other domestic carriers....Oh & Yes I Only had 7kgs in it....They MADE Me BUY Another bag at the Airport.....Never Fly with that LOT Again !!!!!