HDMI connection

lelapin

I returned home after a heavy storm today and encountered the following problems:-

I have a 3 way HDMI switcher

My 1st laptop was not displaying on my TV

Same problem with the 2nd one

My  Android box was displaying nothing

I tried connecting each one directly to TV   HDMI slot but still nothing.

Is it possible that the storm affected the HDMI connection on the TV. I once had it destroyed on a laptop.

Edited by lelapin

6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You could try powering it off completely (pull the plug), have a coffee beer then try again.

Maybe do similar with the other machines at the same time and only try connecting one at a time without the three way box (at first) after you finish your beer(s)!

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

It's quite possible that your TV has an issue ???? 

You could try powering it off completely (pull the plug), have a coffee beer then try again.

Does the TV have a second HDMI you can try?

Only 1 HDMI   7 y o TV. Maybe time for a new one.

1 hour ago, DezLez said:

Maybe do similar with the other machines at the same time and only try connecting one at a time without the three way box (at first) after you finish your beer(s)!

Tried that and still no good. Worked ok with another small tv we have with 3 way box.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

It's quite possible that your TV has an issue ???? 

Does the TV have a second HDMI you can try?

I don't have a second HDMI but the TV does have USB port. Could I use a HDMI to USB converter like this one from Lazada. to  solve problem.

USB 3.0 to HDMI display Graphic Converter adapter หัวแปลง USB เป็น HDMI ความละเอียด 1080p แดปเตอร์ | Lazada.co.th

If you have a TV cable TV aerial connector, on the back of the TV, then select the TV input and you should see Snow and hear noise if the main parts of your TV  is working. (Doesn't test the circuit board where the HDMI part comes in, but tests the rest).

8 hours ago, lelapin said:

I don't have a second HDMI but the TV does have USB port. Could I use a HDMI to USB converter like this one from Lazada. to  solve problem.

USB 3.0 to HDMI display Graphic Converter adapter หัวแปลง USB เป็น HDMI ความละเอียด 1080p แดปเตอร์ | Lazada.co.th

No, sadly these things only go from USB to HDMI (to drive a monitor or projector) not the other way.

32 minutes ago, lelapin said:

image.thumb.png.644e4ed377dfd498cef24e78d1214a0f.png

You did read the post above?  Even if it were possible your TV almost surly has a USB2 connector which is too slaw for even normal video.  Does your android box have input for external video perhaps?

Do not believe your TV is "SMART" as you mention the Android box but if it is perhaps can play USB files (but often limited to one hour or less).  Expect Android box would have same ability - copy files to USB stick and plug into box and use menu there to play them (USB2 should be fine for that).

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1