Phuket welcomes new direct flight from Russia

snoop1130

316241091_428793619462360_1758269221029557439_n-1024x682.jpg

The Phuket International Airport welcomed a new direct flight from Russia as Russian tourists continue to increase in Phuket and Pattaya.

Russian tourists packed Azur Airline and Ikar Airline flights to Pattaya and Phuket, with the expected number of Russian tourists flying to Thailand to reach one million people next year.

Today (November 22nd) at the Phuket International Airport officials and staff welcomed a new direct flight from the Azur Airlines. This is another new direct flight from Vnukovo in Russia to Phuket.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/11/22/phuket-welcomes-new-direct-flight-from-russia-russian-tourists-continue-to-increase/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-11-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 1

"WELCOME???"  hmm,  strange term for the way I feel.  They are welcome in the same sense that a hog is welcome to the county Barbeque.

This ain't neutrality.  This is December 1941 again.  I am so, so, disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just wondering , are their still direct flights to Pattaya . I seem to remember that some Russian flights were allowed to fly direct to Pattaya a few years ago .

Also , with the large amount of Russians coming to Thailand and some maybe fleeing mobilisation , are they being checked for return flights ? It was only a month or so ago that flights out of Russia to the middle east and Turkey were very expensive . $15k for a one way ticket .

Hua Hin has loads of Russians along with other Europeans.  I miss the days of pandemic emergency measures where the place seemed like a small seaside village with virtually no tourists.

Anyways still a pleasant place after Issan. 20221121_201842.thumb.jpg.ca9e8a4014c40cdbcbd0b1a91c0419b7.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, JimboB4 said:

How can they afford it? Their currency was supposed to have been rendered worthless by Ukraine sanctions. But there’s a lot of inflated tourist numbers on this site all the time so who knows. 

Russia still gets $2bn every day from oil and gas exports. No wonder their currency is as strong as a farang's c*ck in a gogo bar.