Engine change.

overherebc

When my D-Max had an engine change as a result of a recall Isuzu gave me some paperwork in Japanese & Thai which I put away and forgot about.  The car was on finance and when that was complete the bank became aware that the engine had been changed and came after the paperwork in order to get DLT to update the book.  All done without any drama but for sure I'd make sure I had that manufacturers paperwork if changing an engine again.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, seedy said:

When we bought the twin cam V8 in BKK the seller gave up papers, import docs etc.

Install engine in pickup, off to DLT

They did their masking tape mojo, back inside, get the blue book number amended.

Done

Now that is something I have wanted to do.

What pick up have you put the v8 into?

1 hour ago, seedy said:

When we bought the twin cam V8 in BKK the seller gave up papers, import docs etc.

Install engine in pickup, off to DLT

They did their masking tape mojo, back inside, get the blue book number amended.

Done

Thanks.

If I do it it would be a toyota straight 6 to replace a non toyota straight 6.

So. buy imprted toyota engine with its paperwork from BKK. Fit in the car, (tell insurance) and take the car to DLT, and it should be ok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Thanks.

So. buy imprted toyota engine with its paperwork from BKK. Fit in the car, (tell insurance) and take the car to DLT, and it should be ok.

I did the DLT thing first.

Then you can go to your insurance company and they take a copy of the amended book.

Same as when you do an LPG conversion. Take book to insurance company to document changes. Policy premiums remain the same in our cases.

27 minutes ago, seedy said:

I did the DLT thing first.

Then you can go to your insurance company and they take a copy of the amended book.

Same as when you do an LPG conversion. Take book to insurance company to document changes. Policy premiums remain the same in our cases.

Thanks

1 hour ago, seedy said:

2UZ-FE

Toyota UZ engine - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Toyota_UZ_engine

The Toyota UZ engine family is a gasoline fueled 32-valve quad-camshaft V8 piston engine ... Three variants have been produced: the 1UZ-FE, 2UZ-FE, and 3UZ-FE.

‎1UZ-FE · ‎2UZ-FE · ‎3UZ-FE · ‎Derivatives

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ok, a four cam V8, not a twin cam.

Dual overhead camshaft (DOHC, also known as "twin-cam".) engines have two camshafts per bank.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overhead_camshaft_engine

two aluminum heads with two camshafts (DOHC) and four valves per cylinder (32 in total).

https://www.engine-specs.net/toyota/2uz-fe.html

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, overherebc said:

Thanks.

1.5JZ turbo manual to replace the RB20E non turbo auto. JZ the world ????

Engine and colour update shortly. I’ve spoken with my local guys and it seems to be a pretty straight forward process (famous last words)

178DDE46-95CD-4F12-89E4-8A47829C56C7.jpeg

21 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

1.5JZ turbo manual to replace the RB20E non turbo auto. JZ the world ????

Engine and colour update shortly. I’ve spoken with my local guys and it seems to be a pretty straight forward process (famous last words)

178DDE46-95CD-4F12-89E4-8A47829C56C7.jpeg

Sent you a PM