Possible COVID infected man found dead in Bangkok’s Din Daeng area

webfact

image.jpeg

File photo for reference only

A security guard, thought to be suffering from COVID-19, was found dead on Sunday in his rented room in Bangkok’s Din Daeng area.

Huai Khwang police said they found a small plastic bag containing the Molnupiravir anti-viral medicine and a positive ATK test kit in the room in Pracha Songkroh Soi 24.

The owner of building said that, at about 7pm on Saturday night, he heard a heavy thud, like something crashing to the floor, and asked what was going on.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/possible-covid-infected-man-found-dead-in-bangkoks-din-daeng-area/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-11-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That would be reporting on the worst pandemic in 100 years

Reporting ?

Plenty of pandemics last 100 Years, and death is all apparent.

Just don't see all Upper Case letters on many words, no matter how gruesome or sensationalist the headline - that's what my post was alluding to.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

What would you prefer?

COVID-19 = CO for Corona, VI for Virus, D for Disease and 19 for year of reporting

Or would you prefer SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) CoV-2 (Corona Virus - 2)?

Or maybe you're upset about ATK... Antigen Test Kit?

Or EMT? Emergency Medical Technicians?

Can't see any other "all Upper Case letters" words in the above article nor linked one.

Abbreviations are generally written in capital letters.

Smiling Russians greeted at U-Tapao as first charter flight since Covid brings 230 tourists to Pattaya

This is Home Page today. 

Inflection to suit the narrative.

A whole history of it.

10p war comic stuff - bored of it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

Don't read it then 

I think you missed my point entirely.

Invaribly I do whatever I like, but thanks all the same for your concern, chief.

"Capitalisation" of "covid" - as a hypothesised or constructed proposition.

Discuss....

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

I think you missed my point entirely.

Invaribly I do whatever I like, but thanks all the same for your concern, chief.

"Capitalisation" of "covid" - as a hypothesised or constructed proposition.

Discuss....

Why?

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

What would you prefer?

COVID-19 = CO for Corona, VI for Virus, D for Disease and 19 for year of reporting

Or would you prefer SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) CoV-2 (Corona Virus - 2)?

Or maybe you're upset about ATK... Antigen Test Kit?

Or EMT? Emergency Medical Technicians?

Can't see any other "all Upper Case letters" words in the above article nor linked one.

Abbreviations are generally written in capital letters.

Well... SARS-Cov-2 is the Virus of which there are numerous variants... Covid-19 is the disease the virus causes....   COVID in caps is simply a form of sensationalisation...  surprised they didn't use bold too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

People are still catching Covid/covid and dying worldwide and you are muttering about capitalisation, something that doesn't really matter.

You need to get a life.

I disagree... we need factual reporting without any possible sensationalism otherwise we don’t know what to consider exaggerated and what is genuine.

IF those writing these articles are specifically focusing on Covid-19 they are presenting a potential bias - just report the facts without any ‘exaggeration or emphasis’.

I know it's not going to happen, but we need to see cause of death in these reports. 

This man may well have died of a heart attack and just happened to have recently tested positive for Covid-19 in the past week...  Equally so, he may have been perfectly healthy and Covid-19 caused respiratory failure and death....   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pla Simon said:

Smiling Russians greeted at U-Tapao as first charter flight since Covid brings 230 tourists to Pattaya

This is Home Page today. 

Inflection to suit the narrative.

A whole history of it.

10p war comic stuff - bored of it.

Agreed. It suits their narrative, nothing more.????????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I disagree... we need factual reporting without any possible sensationalism otherwise we don’t know what to consider exaggerated and what is genuine.

IF those writing these articles are specifically focusing on Covid-19 they are presenting a potential bias - just report the facts without any ‘exaggeration or emphasis’.

I know it's not going to happen, but we need to see cause of death in these reports. 

This man may well have died of a heart attack and just happened to have recently tested positive for Covid-19 in the past week...  Equally so, he may have been perfectly healthy and Covid-19 caused respiratory failure and death....   

I was responding to his post about the capitalising of the words themselves.

I don't know of anybody up here who has actually died of Covid, but my son who is in his last term of M6 was told on Sunday not to come to school today as 5 of his classmates reported in with positive Covid symptoms over the weekend. They are all 17 and 18 years old and healthy so they should be OK.

The problem that I see is on the forum is that if anybody has the symptoms and dies, too many posters still believe and post that that is what they died of.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Huai Khwang police said they found a small plastic bag containing the Molnupiravir anti-viral medicine and a positive ATK test kit in the room in Pracha Songkroh Soi 24.

Just a shame he didn't get the help that he deserved...

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

People are still catching Covid/covid and dying worldwide and you are muttering about capitalisation, something that doesn't really matter.

You need to get a life.

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

Why?

It was a play on words - could be taken in many contexts. You took it a certain way, which validates my point.

Subjective interpretation is a beautiful thing.... or is it ?

You have over thirty two and a half thousand posts, and you're telling me to get a life.

Why ? Why not ?

If you don't want to allow open discourse on an open public forum, perhaps you could forward you concerns to the mods, or write your own closed opinion pieces - or not of course - I encourage you to be authentically you.

Covid is so yesterday.

More developed nations are already looking forward to the next pandemic.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Pla Simon said:

Still, after all this time, news outlets the World over are still capitalising the word covid.

Still people are in denial.

Amazing.  As if there isn't still a pandemic.  It's as if they never read the news.

Crazy! 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

I was responding to his post about the capitalising of the words themselves.

I don't know of anybody up here who has actually died of Covid, but my son who is in his last term of M6 was told on Sunday not to come to school today as 5 of his classmates reported in with positive Covid symptoms over the weekend. They are all 17 and 18 years old and healthy so they should be OK.

The problem that I see is on the forum is that if anybody has the symptoms and dies, too many posters still believe and post that that is what they died of.

Thailand is very hesitant to post any deaths in relation to COVID-19 if found.

In my opinion, deaths are under reported.

"Overall, deaths are far higher than those in official reports"

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2022/05/05/1096842429/governments-have-undercounted-the-covid-19-death-toll-by-millions-the-who-says

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

It was a play on words - could be taken in many contexts. You took it a certain way, which validates my point.

Subjective interpretation is a beautiful thing.... or is it ?

You have over thirty two and a half thousand posts, and you're telling me to get a life.

Why ? Why not ?

If you don't want to allow open discourse on an open public forum, perhaps you could forward you concerns to the mods, or write your own closed opinion pieces - or not of course - I encourage you to be authentically you.

Covid is so yesterday.

More developed nations are already looking forward to the next pandemic.

Those 32,xxx posts are since 2003 which actually works out at less than 5 posts a day (I had to use the calculator to work it out).

IMHO I don't think that any developed nations are already looking forward to the next pandemic.

How can you plan for something that you don't know will happen? If you stockpile vaccinations, how many different vaccinations of each type to you stockpile, and what happens to the stocks that you don't use and have paid for?

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 3:08 AM, Pla Simon said:

Still, after all this time, news outlets the World over are still capitalising the word covid.

Citizens of low income underdeveloped countries are still suffering and dying from it. 

God only blessed citizens of wealthy technologically advanced countries. 

On 11/29/2022 at 11:18 AM, billd766 said:

Those 32,xxx posts are since 2003 which actually works out at less than 5 posts a day (I had to use the calculator to work it out).

IMHO I don't think that any developed nations are already looking forward to the next pandemic.

How can you plan for something that you don't know will happen? If you stockpile vaccinations, how many different vaccinations of each type to you stockpile, and what happens to the stocks that you don't use and have paid for?

Been a long time lurker myself - almost since the start.

This is my 3rd incarnation, thanks to going against the grain, and the altruistic  cyber fops and dandies hiding behind a report button and inherent bias.

Not sure getting your 5 a day on here is wholly beneficial..

I believe the seeds have already been alluded to, sown and prep'd.

Capitalisation of covid is yet just another  capitalisation on information - the expedient currency of which many buy into, but realise no profit.

Enjoy your day.

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2022 at 5:41 PM, MrJ2U said:

Huh?

Look up deadly pandemics.

We're not talking about the common cold or yearly flu. 

Ok - I'll take off my bacofoil tin hat and facemask.

Look up World wide pandemics in the last hundred Years.

The biggest pandemic I see is the one everybody is glued to, these days - social engineering on a massive scale, and in the end will not only account for the biggest loss of human life, but perhaps our very psyche, right down to the quantum. To some, we're nothing more than an algorithm.

The bigger game strategists have been nurturing anomie to its current, self perpetuating state and capitalising on epistemic ambivalence. Desensitising through sensory overload / information seems to have been the precursor.

Only my own opinion - if there is such a thing.

I'm going to have to let this go soon - otherwise I'll be no better than my neighbour, after I covered his frisbee in superglue.

Enjoy your day.

On 11/30/2022 at 12:20 PM, Johnnyngai said:

Citizens of low income underdeveloped countries are still suffering and dying from it. 

God only blessed citizens of wealthy technologically advanced countries. 

I like that in some senses, but can't help my gut feeling that although both spurious - this covid pandemic, conflictingly, is the antithesis of any teleological argument.

Information is cash, cash is king, and plagiaristic kings fly above us exalted as esoteric Gods, these days. In that sense, said God has blessed those you may have thought forsaken.

Blessed are the indoctrinated.

Indeed, a payment plan for the meek, and a free subsciption are preached as gospel of the day for the lowly - and don't forget to ring the bell icon.

To defer blessings, those who might seek validation by other means than subjugation, would be subjected to eternal damnation - a wrath filled nihilistic dichotomy.

On that note, I must turn the gas off on a pot of homegrown leaf tea, that won't get me high atall - then go and clip one off, of biblical proportions...

As Fat B'stard famously said - I've got a <deleted> on that could choke a donkey.

Enjoy your day.