Health Insurance - Healthcare International

malc999uk

Hi,

I need to sort out some health insurance. I'm a UK expat living in Thailand, aged 56, have lived here since 2010 and really should have sorted out health insurance by now of course!

I have done some research and have come across a UK based company called Healthcare International, and I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone taken a healthcare policy out with this company, and if so how straightforward was it to set up the policy?

2. Has anyone submitted a claim, and if so how did they handle the claim? Where they straightforward and honest, or try every trick in the book to avoid paying the claim?

3. Have they amended the policy terms and conditions after you took out the policy?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

10 hours ago, proton said:

what are

what is the cover and cost like compared to Pacific Cross?

My HCI policy provides many multiples of coverage at less cost than Pacific Cross.  I dropped Pacific Cross and went with HCI through an agent here in Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

I used them for about 4 years, but never had to make a claim.  Switched to WRLife last year, as the HI premium increased and after checking their list of hospitals covered in Thailand, I realised that Bumrungrad and a few others was not on the list (they only pay 30% for some hospitals).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I used them for about 4 years, but never had to make a claim.  Switched to WRLife last year, as the HI premium increased and after checking their list of hospitals covered in Thailand, I realised that Bumrungrad and a few others was not on the list (they only pay 30% for some hospitals).

What happens if WRLife go insolvent after a few years, are there any guarantees on your cover? Car insurance went bust last year, no refund as the govt cover scheme here, only paid out the first few. Who is behind WRLife?

On 11/29/2022 at 1:39 PM, proton said:

What happens if WRLife go insolvent after a few years, are there any guarantees on your cover? Car insurance went bust last year, no refund as the govt cover scheme here, only paid out the first few. Who is behind WRLife?

Have you read this thread as it may answer some of your queries, or not.....

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 1:39 PM, proton said:

I guess what happens would be the same thing that happens if any insurance company goes insolvent!