U.S. Senate Candidate Walker Suggests U.S. Borders Need Protection From Returning Expats!

Jingthing

I wish I made this up as satire, but sadly, I didn't.

Walker is in a runoff in Georgia and the race is close.

He suggests expats be stripped of U.S. citizenship and should be treated as aliens if they try to return.

I consider this more of an expat entertainment item because it's so totally insane rather than a news/politics thing per se.

But just for "fun" imagine if this actually happened (any nationality) to expats.

Herschel Walker Wants to Strip Disenchanted Americans of Citizenship (newsweek.com)

Herschel Walker Wants to Strip Disenchanted Americans of Citizenship

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

Back to the expat thing, I have had the experience of talking to Americans back there who know I've been living abroad for a very long time, tell me they don't consider me an American anymore. Yes of course you can (with difficulty) give up your citizenship, but American citizenship may be the stickiest citizenship there is. It's hard to imagine a U.S. senator being so stupid as to think or suggest moving abroad equals no longer being a U.S. citizen.

Yet the polls are close.

• Like 1

"I consider this more of an expat entertainment item because it's so totally insane rather than a news/politics thing per se.

But just for "fun" imagine if this actually happened (any nationality) to expats."

Trump was elected President. Anything is possible in the USA

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Walker is in a runoff in Georgia and the race is close.

He suggests expats be stripped of U.S. citizenship and should be treated as aliens if they try to return.

Just to clarify from the Newsweek link in the OP:

Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker said individuals born after 1990 haven't "earned the right" to change America and should have their citizenship revoked if they think better countries exist.

Just now, jerrymahoney said:

Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker said individuals born after 1990 haven't "earned the right" to change America and should have their citizenship revoked if they think better countries exist.

Trying to make sense of a man that's clearly brain damaged (from football head butting) makes no sense.

However, watch the video in the article:

"You go there but you lose your citizenship here in the United States of America.

When you come back you got to come back legally like we should be defending the border."

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sorry to post three or four comments in a row, however:

My sincere feeling is that we long-term expats living in Asia, especially those of us living in Thailand, need some form of protection from newly arrived expats from America.

But, does anybody care about this important issue?

No. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joe Farang said:

The Guam guy was very highly educated. I think he was the 1st Black Supreme Court Judge or something similar. He was a trail blazer of sorts. I guess he was so focused on formal education that he missed out on basic general knowledge.

Just a congressman. 

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Trying to make sense of a man that's clearly brain damaged (from football head butting) makes no sense.

However, watch the video in the article:

"You go there but you lose your citizenship here in the United States of America.

When you come back you got to come back legally like we should be defending the border."

run! Heschel Run! (somewhere)

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

A trail blazer, you say? 

Makes me think of a character in one of James Fenimore Cooper's novels satarized by Mark Twain, a character who could not blaze a trail through the wilderness if his life depended on it. 

If only American legislators, not to mention judges, were educated well enough to apply the Scientific Method to governance, then there might be hope for the land of the brave and the home of the free. 

Where is the likes of Twain when we most need him, by the way. 

At MIT, one cannot graduate with any degree without good grounding in science. 

It's not a matter of the color of one's skin. 

Culture and science are crucial to the understanding of the world. 

One simply cannot build a 747 aircraft without plenty of culture. 

Culture does not fall out of the sky. Culture requires generations, and is cumulative. Culture is the cumulative achievements of generations. You can't expect a jungle rabbit to fall out of a tree and get up to speed in just one generation. 

Obama is not the product of just one generation. Obama did not just fall out of a tree and get elected president. 

Obama, maybe, was our first great president with a slight tan. 

The University of Illinois is no slouch school. 

Give me Obama, any day, these days! I love to listen to this guy speak with erudition, rare today.

You might say that I'm still not over my crush on Obama. Better believe...! 

Please come back, our Illinois friend! 

Obama went to Occidental in LA (an elite private liberal arts college) then transferred to Columbia University of New York and then went to Harvard Law. University of Illinois is a good school but Obama didn't go there.

I think there is a chance Georgians will elect him simply for the entertainment value of having such a ridiculously inappropriate person as a senator. Can you imagine him questioning supreme court nominees? Let's hope they don't put him in charge of expat affairs.

Edited by Jingthing

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Obama went to Occidental in LA (an elite private liberal arts college) then transferred to Columbia University of New York and then went to Harvard Law. University of Illinois is a good school but Obama didn't go there.

If Not Obama, then it must have been his wife. 

My memory has been playing tricks on me lately, due to the change in weather. 

Forgive me, please. 

(Or, maybe it was Abraham Lincoln who attended?) 

Anyway, Columbia, Harvard.. Obama ain't no white trash. Ain't no Trump, neither. Speaking of white trash. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin

53 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Yes, but you might have investigated further, as did I. 

He intimated that those who chose other countries should not return. 

I had the same question as you about what this guy actually said, until I investigated the matter further. 

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes, but you might have investigated further, as did I. 

He intimated that those who chose other countries should not return. 

I had the same question as you about what this guy actually said, until I investigated the matter further. 

All in the context of it's insane to take this guy seriously. Whether his painfully damaged mind meant a subset of expats or all expats, the entire concept of stripping citizenship for moving abroad is strictly from Cloud Cuckoo Land. 

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

All in the context of it's insane to take this guy seriously. Whether his painfully damaged mind meant a subset of expats or all expats, the entire concept of stripping citizenship for moving abroad is strictly from Cloud Cuckoo Land. 

Walker brought U. of Georgia a national football championship and won the Heisman trophy as best player in US.

What else do gen-u-ine Georgians need to know?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Walker brought U. of Georgia a national football championship and won the Heisman trophy as best player in US.

What else do gen-u-ine Georgians need to know?

The fact that he played American Football, probably says it all.

"What to Know About C.T.E. in Football"

The disease has been found in the brains of more than 320 former N.F.L. players.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/cte-definition-nfl.html#:~:text=know about C.T.E.-,What is C.T.E.%3F,to the head have ceased.

Unfortunately:

"C.T.E., which can be diagnosed only posthumously, has been linked to a host of symptoms, including memory loss, depression, aggressive behavior and, sometimes, suicidal thoughts. It is a progressive disease, and the symptoms can arise long after the hits to the head have ceased."

So, we will need to wait until this guy dies before we know for sure?

Georgia, you've embarrassed yourself by electing Marjorie Taylor (Jewish Space Lasers) Greene.  Don't make it worse by electing this clueless fool.

BTW:  I spaced out on Greene's name so I did an internet search on "crazy georgia congresswoman".  The first three results were about her.

Herschel Walker hit with disturbing claims by yet another accuser

In addition to that violent incident, Parsa also claims that Walker would use his diagnosed mental illness as a justification for his poor behavior.

"He’s a pathological liar. “He knows how to manipulate his disease, in order to manipulate people, while at times being simultaneously completely out of control.”

https://www.rawstory.com/herschel-walker-abuse/

He's not even a resident of Georgia.

That should be enough to kill his chances but apparently the race is still neck and neck.

I'm going to predict Warnock will win but even if he does, it's an embarassment for Georgia that this even made it to a runoff. 

• Thanks 1

From the header at the top of this forum:

US & Canada Topics and Events

For topics and events related to the US and Canada.   Political and current news topics are not permitted.  For updates on news topics, visit the World News Forum: https://aseannow.com/forum/158-world-news/

//CLOSED//