BTS train fares to increase 1-3 baht on January 1st

snoop1130

869E63D5-787F-48E1-9140-D1ECC2681FD0.jpeg

File Image

Commuters using the Bangkok Mass Transit (BTS) train service on the Sukhumvit and Silom routes will be charged an additional 1-3 baht beginning on January 1st, according to the company.

The fare rise, from the current 16-41 baht to 17-47 baht, depending on the distance travelled, will be applied betweenMor Chit and On Nut and between the National Stadium and Taksin Bridge.

The fares from On Nut to Keha in Samut Prakan, from Mor Chit to Khu Khot in Pathum Thani and from Taksin Bridge to Bang Wa remain unchanged.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bts-train-fares-to-increase-1-3-baht-on-january-1st/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-11-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Metapod said:

cost of living continues to rise.

Yes. I believe that electricity charges also go up then (18%). I am already paying 9 baht per Kw/Hr.

And still the government spends money on infrastructure projects. eg 36 billion baht on DM airport.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

will be charged an additional 1-3 baht

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The fare rise, from the current 16-41 baht to 17-47 baht,

I was never great at maths but surely 41 to 47 baht is a 6 baht difference..........:unsure:

10 hours ago, Metapod said:

cost of living continues to rise.

I agree.. but i also think that you’re just not going to find situations where wages - across the board - rise .. and do so without there being some form of a rise in consumer prices rising as well.

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Love to see a Thas response to buying a train or underground ticket in the UK

With the online available dates to an average income in both countries you have to pay for a day pass in the UK-tube 0.035% of your income and for MRT/BTS 0.039%.  What's cheaper?

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Love to see a Thas response to buying a train or underground ticket in the UK

Yes indeed, but in reverse, having recently flown into DMK from Cambodia, I took a connecting train from Don Mung Station through to Chiang Mai for just 231 baht!! I was amazed, but it was an ordinary train which eventually arrived 14 hours later!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information