Heath Insurance, here NRG or WRLife

newbee2022

Hi all, thank you being a member now.

As I'm new in this forum and also in Thailand I'm looking for an affordable Health Insurance. On Facebook and other social media, I found many adverts of NRG or WRLife.

However, I realized these companies are of same origin and only brokers but no insurance company.

What is YOUR experience?

Anybody got a contract?

Does anybody know who is the insurer at the end?

I'm very confused. Of course, the broker offers a good rate, but who will pay the hospital bill? Will it be me finally? And monthly payments are going down the river?

Please don't send any troll posts. I'm ask for your opinion and advice. Maybe even for a better real insurance? Pacific Cross?

Regards

Newbee

A good insurance broker can help you find a suitable policy for your needs. If you aren't using a reputable broker, I would suggest that you do so. I would avoid any broker that was not forthcoming as to the exact identity and financial strength of the insurance company or companies from which they obtained your quotes. My preference would be to have quotes from insurers that have a Standard and Poor financial strength rating of "A" or better or the AM Best equivalent. This would probably rule out Thailand-based insurers.

Offshore insurers also usually offer broader coverage and have better claims-paying attitude than insurers based in Thailand. Even the Thailand-based operations of multinational insurers use more restrictive policy forms than their non-Thai operations. 

Not all Thailand-based insurance brokers are willing to work with offshore insurers as this is technically not permitted by Thai insurance regulations, but some will.

Good luck.

• Like 1