Health Min orders monitoring against XBC “Deltacron”

snoop1130

24e86e0b51ec36e70fef24d7302e54a6_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The discovery of Thailand’s first case of the XBC “Deltacron” hybrid variant of the COVID-19 virus has prompted concerns. Health authorities say the hybrid has not shown signs of causing more severe symptoms but appears to be more readily transmitted. The health ministry continues to monitor multiple variants of the coronavirus and is re-emphasizing the need for people to get booster shots of vaccine.

Health minister Anutin Charnvirakul emphasized the matter during a meeting with public health ministry executives. He asserted the ministry currently employs a mechanism to control COVID-19 so the disease would remain in the category of “communicable disease under surveillance”. The same label and mechanisms will be employed for COVID-19 if the severity of the disease does not change. Mr. Anutin explained that no variants that could result in the disease becoming more severe have yet been found.

In the meantime, the health ministry will continue to focus on having people get the complete 4 doses. This would reduce the severity of symptoms upon contracting Covid.

Mr. Anutin also addressed Deputy Public Health Minister Sathit Pitutecha coming down with COVID-19. He said he telephoned his deputy, who told him the only symptoms were sore throat and coughs. Mr. Sathit has already had 4 doses of the vaccine. However, he was admitted to the hospital at the discretion of the doctor as his blood oxygen reading was below 95.

Mr. Anutin said his deputy will spend 4-5 days recuperating. He also planned to personally visit Mr. Sathit at the hospital.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG221202092811367

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-12-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Sure get another shot of an old vaccine that doesn’t target the new strains. Makes sense. He’ll they should be giving a free pizza once you hit 10. Crazy. It should be like the flu shot that changes according to the strain of the year. More shots doesn’t mean you won’t get it. May help, but no guarantee. 

I am now to afraid to leave the house......I am afraid too talk to people, I am to afraid to have friends, I wear full plastic covering 24/7 to protect myself from

the  XBC “Deltacron” hybrid variant....I even cover my pets with plastic,In fear they might give me the  the XBC “Deltacron” hybrid variant ....

The  XBC “Deltacron” hybrid variant is going to get us....Help....

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

The anti vaccine people that makes jokes and comments.  If they get a severe case of covid.  They would probably cry. 
I don’t know what all the issue is about getting a vaccine anyway. The chances are there is a possibility to get it at no cost again like last time.  I mean isn’t that why a lot of people move to Thailand.  To try to get something for nothing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jcmj said:

Sure get another shot of an old vaccine that doesn’t target the new strains. Makes sense. He’ll they should be giving a free pizza once you hit 10. Crazy. It should be like the flu shot that changes according to the strain of the year. More shots doesn’t mean you won’t get it. May help, but no guarantee. 

nonsense. It's a booster for your immune system and will activate your T-cells. It will not prevent you from getting covid but prevent you from staying in hospital or die.

• Like 1

Health authorities say the hybrid has not shown signs of causing more severe symptoms but appears to be more readily transmitted. 

Remind anyone of the feeble variant Omicron? Each subsequent variant seems to be getting weaker and weaker, yet they keep issuing the warnings and keeping people scared. Shills for big pharma? After all, each one of the vaccine companies made an extra $10 billion a year in profit, for the past two years. It is likely they miss that kind of a gravy train.

Time to let this thing go. This is not the zombie apocalypse.