Do Not Know How To Stay In Thailand

Have U S passport, I am 61 years old and retired ,have $3,000 income everymonth

Arrived in April ,got married May 13, My wife and her 2 daughters had nothing, got a nice apartment and spend about 400,000 Bath to furnish and ect.Now I make a run every 30 day to Mae Sai, live in Chiang Rai .Now have about 100,000 Bath and get paid every 3rd of the month, use ATM to get cash from U. S. Bank.Would like to stay here.What are my options?

You can do as now but it is not recommended (you have better options).

You can go for a trip out side Thailand with your marriage certificate and wife (or copy of her ID card) to obtain a non immigrant visa at a nearby consulate. Once you have that you can extend your stay either as supporting your wife with 400k baht in bank or retirement with 800k in bank. Both also offer proof of retirement income if full amount not in bank. Retirement will require medical certificate each year. Marriage will require wife go with you each year. You can not work on retirement visa but could on marriage type.

Another option used in the past is multi entry visa which only requires exit every 90 days but that is best obtained in your home country each year and does get old.

a. 30 day border crossing (gets old fast and not recommended if you have other options).

b. Multi entry non immigrant visa allowing 90 day stays - unless you plan very frequent travel this gets old fast and with your income you have better options).

c. Support for Thai wife non immigrant extension of stay - good choice/less money requirement/can work.

d. Retirement non immigrant extension of stay - good choice but more money proof involved and medical certificate required each year.

As is often said "up to you".

:o

I disagree geatlywith paulfr that lopburi3 s answer was a good one.

This guy states in the first line of his post that he has an income of $3000 a month = Bt 120,000. More than enough. He is married to a Thai. For a marriage extension under the new rules he only needs Bt40000 a month. Why do you tell him he needs money in the bank? He already qualifies for an extension assuming he already has a visa. If not he needs I think to get a non O and then apply for an extension on the basis of marriage for which he easilly qualifies.

I really hate poor information as i or another might act on it to my or their detriment.

Eric

I really hate poor information as i or another might act on it to my or their detriment.

Eric

eric von newbie,

i will give you 90 days to read the first line of the thaivisa forum guidelines

Please respect fellow members!

lopburi3 is a major contributor to this forum, show some respect.

I have enough income to satisfy the Bt400,000 new marriage requirements but I would be hard pressed to meet the Bt 800,000 retirement requirements. Especially till the divorce is sorted. Some assets are currently frozen in the UK.