Thailand e-Visa online application service now available in 38 cities worldwide

image.jpeg

Applicants can apply and pay for their visa through the e-Visa website at www.thaievisa.go.th, and if approved, receive the visa by e-mail.

TAT Newsroom

Thailand is now offering e-Visa online application service at Royal Thai Embassies and Consulates-General in 38 cities in 23 countries worldwide.

Designed to streamline the application process for a visa to Thailand, the e-Visa website is located at www.thaievisa.go.th.

The Royal Thai Embassies and Consulates-General that are offering the e-Visa service are in:

United Kingdom: London

Europe: Athens (Greece), Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich (Germany), Bern (Switzerland), Brussels (Belgium), Bucharest (Romania), Budapest (Hungary), Copenhagen (Denmark), Helsinki (Finland), Lisbon (Portugal), Madrid (Spain), Oslo (Norway), Paris (France), Prague (Czech Republic), Rome (Italy), Stockholm (Sweden), The Hague (Netherlands), Vienna (Austria), and Warsaw (Poland)

USA: Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington, D.C.

Canada: Ottawa and Vancouver

China: Beijing, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Kunming, Nanning, Qingdao, Xiamen, and Xian

South Korea: Seoul

The types of visas that can be applied for are a tourist visa, business and investor visa, non-immigrant ED visa (study), non-immigrant O visa (visiting friends and family), transit visa, long-stay visa, smart visa, non-immigrant F (government or diplomatic mission), diplomatic visa/official visa, and long term resident visa.

Applicants can apply and pay for their visa through the e-Visa website, and if approved, receive the visa by e-mail.

The website offers search functions for the user to find out if they require a tourist visa for Thailand, whether they are eligible to apply online for a visa, and which visa type to apply for.

There is a User Manual guide and videos in English and Chinese language providing details on the visa application process.

For more information, contact:
Department of Consular Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Tel: +66 (0) 2572-8442

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Source: https://www.tatnews.org/2022/12/thailand-e-visa-online-application-service-now-available-in-38-cities-worldwide/

4ccdac0057e1b125817854c2d637d854.png.b0b5f18f4c4dd9275118484d3c256be9.png

-- © Copyright TAT NEWS 2022-12-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

I tried it and it was an expensive disaster...... It started OK and quite clever in many ways but when a $200 USD application was rejected due to a typo of a zero in place of an O I was not happy to say the least. No option to fix, goodbye $ 200 ???? No appeal 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

This system will decimate the number of successful applications and either be cancelled or completely and urgently redesigned.

If they redesign it - it will all happen again.

My prediction - complete and utter failure of the whole thing and a reversal to paper applications inside the next 1 to 2 years after massive damage has been done.

Spot on ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

This system will decimate the number of successful applications and either be cancelled or completely and urgently redesigned.

If they redesign it - it will all happen again.

My prediction - complete and utter failure of the whole thing and a reversal to paper applications inside the next 1 to 2 years after massive damage has been done.

Or maybe it'll result in a massive boom time for agents?

• Haha 1

Well, it has all been said really - what price progress ?  In the case of Thailand's Evisa system, the answer is total chaos. 

After giving up in despair attempting from London, I even looked at flying to Vientiane and applying from there with the good old pencil and paper method. In the end, I just came in on a 45 + 30 visa-exempt which is only 15 days less anyway.

Is Thailand really trying to revive its tourist industry or is it being sabotaged by the Goblins of North Korea or somewhere ?

Biting hand, killing goose and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Welcome back to LOS, I love it all really.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Only in Thailand. To be able to use an ONLINE service, you need to be PHYSICALLY LOCATED in a certain city. Nonsense.

I believe that's not exactly true. I think you may need to be from the country where a certain city is located but not in the city itself. For example I arrived to Thailand a couple weeks ago. From the USA there are four cites that the applications go through. Washington DC, New York , Chicago and Los Angeles. You MUST pick the city that applies to your state. So I'm from Boston we must use New York City. Of course these are on a drop down in the beginning of the visa questions. I wanted to use my I Phone and the moronic Thai visa application does NOT let that section drop down. So I chose the first choice ( also the drop down doesn't go far enough to the right so you CAN NOT view what city that is!!!!)  I chose the first city and continued the next TWO pages with tons of silly things you must keep uploading. THEN before I submitted I read you MUST CHOOSE the exact city for your state so I decided to view the visa sight on my I Pad. There is where I could see Washington DC was the first choice not New York. If I submitted my first app it would have been rejected and NO refund given. Can you believe that Washington DC could not just send this to the New York office??? I mean really ? Soo I had to do my whole app over because even though you can change some things before submitting visa app you CAN NOT change the city in the drop down section!!  So I think if you live in England but in Manchester you apply through London office. If you live In Montreal you apply through Ottawa office not Vancouver. Etc.