Whats A Girl To Do On A Friday Night?

donna

oh what a bummer colin! oh well, you never know. i may just end up being a chiang mai local before too long! i was up there sussing out work.

i gotta say, the difference between the south and the north is HUGE and i forgot just how different the two places were.

for example, i needed to get a songtheaw to the pub, so i went out and asked a cute little man to take me there. he held up 3 fingers. now, in phuket that would immediately mean 300 baht. but chiang mai, you just KNOW its only 30! i have missed the cultural side of things, the beautiful textiles and the general friendliness of the north.

(did i just talk myself into relocating?)

Thank you Donna for your kind comments and your charming company. I hope we see you back in CM on a more permanent basis.

Thanks P1P. Great to meet you at last and your lovely family.

I crawled in at 6 this morning and am rightfully suffering as a result. I would like to blame McSpicy for leading me astray but in all honesty I think blame should be shared.

Great night all round.

Ah HAH, who led WHO astray?

I haven't had so much fun since the night we celebrated the passing of J. Edgar Hoover way back when.....

Between the:

1) Beer Lao and 100 Pipers and Sang Som (in copious quantities)

2) Reggae dance craziness

3) The Amazing Irish Boys, and their "Finnegan" song

4) Drinks at Jerry's Van

5) How a certain member of this forum, who shall remain un-named, singlehandedly shut down the entire sound system of a notorious nightspot- Go-Go dancers were literally FROZEN in place, like some sort of bad 50's SciFi movie

6) Leaving a NIGHTCLUB (my emphasis) when it is no longer NIGHT, per se

...I can't really decide what was best! I have edited out all references to the twin Bulgarian dwarf gymnast sisters, the motorsai crashes, and other unpleasantries.....

A Great Time Was Had By All! :o

McG

Great night McG apart from the fact i had to work on Saturday!!! In fact, best night out I've had in a long time - we'll treat you to some more Irish classics next time!!!

Take care.

Great night McG apart from the fact i had to work on Saturday!!! In fact, best night out I've had in a long time - we'll treat you to some more Irish classics next time!!!

Take care.

And likewise, my Celtic Brother!

We'll do it again soon, I hope.... :o

McG

Thank you Donna for your kind comments and your charming company. I hope we see you back in CM on a more permanent basis.

Thanks P1P. Great to meet you at last and your lovely family.

I crawled in at 6 this morning and am rightfully suffering as a result. I would like to blame McSpicy for leading me astray but in all honesty I think blame should be shared.

Great night all round.

Ah HAH, who led WHO astray?

I haven't had so much fun since the night we celebrated the passing of J. Edgar Hoover way back when.....

Between the:

1) Beer Lao and 100 Pipers and Sang Som (in copious quantities)

2) Reggae dance craziness

3) The Amazing Irish Boys, and their "Finnegan" song

4) Drinks at Jerry's Van

5) How a certain member of this forum, who shall remain un-named, singlehandedly shut down the entire sound system of a notorious nightspot- Go-Go dancers were literally FROZEN in place, like some sort of bad 50's SciFi movie

6) Leaving a NIGHTCLUB (my emphasis) when it is no longer NIGHT, per se

...I can't really decide what was best! I have edited out all references to the twin Bulgarian dwarf gymnast sisters, the motorsai crashes, and other unpleasantries.....

A Great Time Was Had By All! :o

McG

I think the beer lao, 100 pipers and sang som must have seriously affected your hearing! Can't remember singing but i'm sure it was bloody awful! Great night though! Tuskers split the pack night and the free drinks were entirely to blame. :D