Whats A Girl To Do On A Friday Night?

donna

ok, so its thursday right now, but not for much longer. i am up in chiang mai for two nights only i think, and have nobody to play with.

any of you blokes, or ladies, fancy getting together tomorrow (friday) night for some dinner and drinks?

i will check the forum tomorrow afternoon to see if there are any takers. im staying not so far from the night market but can travel.

(god, i hope i dont end up feeling like a complete loser with no takers at all)

donna.

(god, i hope i dont end up feeling like a complete loser with no takers at all)

:D

No taker here, as am on other side of world, but if you end up getting no on-line takers, suggest you consider recovering lost face by posting in this thread your thanks for all PM's. :o

I've just come out of Tuskers and they have a 1900-2100 party each Friday so may be a good idea to start the evening there. Buffet is 100 baht and options for cheap drinks exist. I'll be there with the trouble and strife and staff assure there will be plenty of others TV regulars present. Likely a good spot to start the evening. Fancy it?

Excellent.. now THIS is the kind of call for a gettogether that I can appreciate... Suggesting a date the next day, the next message being a suggestion of a place, then before noon a bunch of people have at least made a mental note to pop overthere.

Sure beats 15 pages of confusion trying to arrange a mega event...

IMHO. :o

Anyway, how will we recognize you? Can you please wear a shiny metal brassiere as a top so we'll know?

Edited by chanchao

Excellent.. now THIS is the kind of call for a gettogether that I can appreciate... Suggesting a date the next day, the next message being a suggestion of a place, then before noon a bunch of people have at least made a mental note to pop overthere.

Sure beats 15 pages of confusion trying to arrange a mega event...

IMHO. :D

Anyway, how will we recognize you? Can you please wear a shiny metal brassiere as a top so we'll know?

I wonder what hes going on about?? :o

ok. so it looks like tuskers is the go. ive no idea where it is but if i can get over there i will do so. i MAY have found something, but you never know. looks like i may just have to pop in .............

knitting party? bugger that! i only know how to drop, not pearl.

went to tuskers (great little bar by the way) and then went to guitar man. met some lovely people. had a nice time. thats it really.

nothing else to add, except for you chiang mai people were all lovely and very welcoming.

Must say it was grand to meet you, and you will bring a welcome breath of sea air to our little community here - if you should decide to join us.

Keep in touch.

I would also like to add my sentiments of approval for Tuskers bar and for Chas - the sublime host. Thank you for a good meal. My children will be dragging me back for sure and I truly wish you the very best of luck in building your business there. You deserve to succeed.

From Tuskers, we adjourned to the Guitar Man, where we enjoyed some good music provided by a Thai band and Chiang Mai's own Tonic Rays. It was truly good to hear some original compositions for once! Played by musicians with better than passing acquaintance with their preferred instruments of culture.

Guitar man had Spiccio's pizza beaten hands down. Some real flavour there. However they had to give discounts to account for possibly the worst Margarita we had ever tasted. One of those sip-once-and-put-aside types of drinks, where you reach for the beer to wash the taste away. Beer was good and cold. We will return ready to give instructions in Margerita making!

Must say it was grand to meet you, and you will bring a welcome breath of sea air to our little community here - if you should decide to join us.

Keep in touch.

I would also like to add my sentiments of approval for Tuskers bar and for Chas - the sublime host. Thank you for a good meal. My children will be dragging me back for sure and I truly wish you the very best of luck in building your business there. You deserve to succeed.

From Tuskers, we adjourned to the Guitar Man, where we enjoyed some good music provided by a Thai band and Chiang Mai's own Tonic Rays. It was truly good to hear some original compositions for once! Played by musicians with better than passing acquaintance with their preferred instruments of culture.

Guitar man had Spiccio's pizza beaten hands down. Some real flavour there. However they had to give discounts to account for possibly the worst Margarita we had ever tasted. One of those sip-once-and-put-aside types of drinks, where you reach for the beer to wash the taste away. Beer was good and cold. We will return ready to give instructions in Margerita making!

Seems like we all moved together from Tuskers to Guitarman. good to meet most of the moderators at one place!(so i was at my best behaviour :D ). p1p, wonderful family you have there and have to say that one would feel great talking to someone as warm as you. Also Donna, was great fun to talk to you although the music could have been a little less louder. the pizza at guitarman was really good. meadish and sabaijai, hope to meet you guys again soon. some other anonymous nice people of TV also for the good chats.

we need to have more of these meet ups guys. :o

Thank you Donna for your kind comments and your charming company. I hope we see you back in CM on a more permanent basis.

Thanks P1P. Great to meet you at last and your lovely family.

I crawled in at 6 this morning and am rightfully suffering as a result. I would like to blame McSpicy for leading me astray but in all honesty I think blame should be shared.

Great night all round.

I had a great night as well - the Tonic Rays are going from strength to strength and it was excellent to finally put faces to the names of donna and tigerbeer too.

Hope to catch you all soon again - and this time somewhere where it's easier to talk at normal volume.

Guitarman is the place to go if you want to enjoy ice cold beer and some groovy live tunes - but for a future meetup I feel it'd be a good idea to find somewhere a bit more quiet.

p1p, I was considering finishing your margarita after you left, it looked very lonely there on the table... but I remained faithful to the Leo.

whats this with the guitarman not being able to let people jam because they don't have work permits. Someone on TV should be able to help the owner out on this one.

And - whats with the downunder being turned into a farang cabaret. <deleted>? There goes the neighborhood - Someone on TV must be able to talk this guy into his senses.

Edited by SoloFlyer

Thank you Donna for your kind comments and your charming company. I hope we see you back in CM on a more permanent basis.

Thanks P1P. Great to meet you at last and your lovely family.

I crawled in at 6 this morning and am rightfully suffering as a result. I would like to blame McSpicy for leading me astray but in all honesty I think blame should be shared.

Great night all round.

Ah HAH, who led WHO astray?

I haven't had so much fun since the night we celebrated the passing of J. Edgar Hoover way back when.....

Between the:

1) Beer Lao and 100 Pipers and Sang Som (in copious quantities)

2) Reggae dance craziness

3) The Amazing Irish Boys, and their "Finnegan" song

4) Drinks at Jerry's Van

5) How a certain member of this forum, who shall remain un-named, singlehandedly shut down the entire sound system of a notorious nightspot- Go-Go dancers were literally FROZEN in place, like some sort of bad 50's SciFi movie

6) Leaving a NIGHTCLUB (my emphasis) when it is no longer NIGHT, per se

...I can't really decide what was best! I have edited out all references to the twin Bulgarian dwarf gymnast sisters, the motorsai crashes, and other unpleasantries.....

A Great Time Was Had By All! :o

McG

Ah HAH, who led WHO astray?

I haven't had so much fun since the night we celebrated the passing of J. Edgar Hoover way back when.....

Between the:

1) Beer Lao and 100 Pipers and Sang Som (in copious quantities)

2) Reggae dance craziness

3) The Amazing Irish Boys, and their "Finnegan" song

4) Drinks at Jerry's Van

5) How a certain member of this forum, who shall remain un-named, singlehandedly shut down the entire sound system of a notorious nightspot- Go-Go dancers were literally FROZEN in place, like some sort of bad 50's SciFi movie

6) Leaving a NIGHTCLUB (my emphasis) when it is no longer NIGHT, per se

...I can't really decide what was best! I have edited out all references to the twin Bulgarian dwarf gymnast sisters, the motorsai crashes, and other unpleasantries.....

A Great Time Was Had By All! :D

McG

I had completely forgotten the destruction of Spicy's sound system :o

You're right McG it was a top night must do it again although I will make sure I write the following day off completely as I have been next to useless today.

Pleasure to meet donna, p1p, and tigerbear, and to meet up again with meadish sweetball!

Looked like the T-Rays' lead guitarist was having a hard time keeping that Les Paul under control, and the drummer was mad too. :o Pretty singer though ...

Pleasure to meet donna, p1p, and tigerbear, and to meet up again with meadish sweetball!

Looked like the T-Rays' lead guitarist was having a hard time keeping that Les Paul under control, and the drummer was mad too. :o Pretty singer though ...

she's sure is :D. too bad i miss the performance though. sigh.

Donna, I was in CM Friday and Saturday on a spending spree, we arrived home in Pai about 1:30 this afternoon (Sunday) but would have loved to see you again. Next time you are coming up, eMail me and I will meet you somewhere in CM...

Colin