Oxygen concentrator

poppysdad

I suffer from severe COPD and currently just sitting reading on my iPad I’m breathing heavily. I get good days and not so good ones and have been reading about oxygen concentrators. Anyone have experience of using one and what recommendations might you have.
I read on Lazada that you get machines from around 2000 baht upwards to 50,000 baht and what differences would they have to make such a price difference. Thanks for any helpful advice. 

I ordered one for my mother in the US who had COPD, it gave her the ability to move around her house,albeit with a long 100' line, but she could do things herself. It was an Inogen concentrator.  

Are you doing breathing treatments once or twice a day yet?

Only experience with Haier HA-105x (~9k baht now: https://shopee.co.th/Haier-Oxygen-Concentrator-HA105-ขนาด-7-ลิตร-เครื่องผลิตออกซิเจน-ขนาดเครื่องกำเนิดออกซิเจนในครัวเรือนเครื่องช่วยหายใจออกซ-i.478038952.8077364073 - from Google search just now) which was bought maybe a year-year and a half ago. It definitely increases oxygen in air, seeing the oximeter jumping to 100 very quickly. Mine has settings up to 93% oxygen but that decreases the amount of air that it produces. The sound it makes is like someone breathing heavily, so I can't see how you could be sound asleep next to it. But overall it is neat, has a fancy digital display (all in Chinese) and yells at you in Chinese every time you press any button.

Apart from this, the only other downside is the HEPA filter it has on the air intake - while Haier was generous in adding a few spares and several different masks, sooner or later you run out and there doesn't seem to be a place to buy those spare parts. Maybe worth consideration if you're choosing one.

Overall... it's a good thing. It was bough for "in case it's needed" and used a few times when not feeling well, which worked very well.

• Thanks 1

I have COPD stage 3 and i have also breathing problems due to change in the weather. COPD patients are very sensitive to weather changes . I have a oxygen concentrator cost me 19000 baht (lazada ) which i rarely use. What helps me now is my omron nebulizer with " Inhalex Forte " Nebulizer cost me approx 2000 on lazada . And the most important is a good air purifier. I have one in every room and two in the living room. Also get checked for sleep apnea I have been sleeping with cpap machine for a year now and i feel a lot better. It doesn't cure your copd ,but i sleep a lot better which is very important for copd patients.    I hope I helped you a little.                    Take care and your medicine 

• Like 2