Xmas eve/xmas day recommendations please.

lujanit

We are spending xmas in Hua Hin.  Can anyone please suggest a place that is offering a buffet xmas lunch or dinner?  I did a search and only found large hotels offering lunch or dinner at more than 3k++ plus more for drinks (up to 1200 baht).  Also some smaller places offering a set menu which we are not interested in.

TIA

• Haha 2

On 12/21/2022 at 3:19 PM, Crazy Noobie said:

Try the Dukes Restaurant located in the mall.  It offers an awesome Christmas Day meal with all of the trimmings. My family goes there every year, as it is not expensive, around 650 baht per person.

Changed their name to the Living Room.  Not open on Xmas day as they are booked for a wedding.  Unless Google Maps sent me to the wrong place.  Rang the number and was told the above.

52 minutes ago, lujanit said:

Changed their name to the Living Room.  Not open on Xmas day as they are booked for a wedding.  Unless Google Maps sent me to the wrong place.  Rang the number and was told the above.

After the original post above, I looked online and couldn't find any current reference to a "Duke's" restaurant at a mall in Hua Hin.

Is the new "Living Room" place you mention run by the same people behind the prior Duke's?  And, is/was the former Duke's in Hua Hin related to the original Duke's from Chiang Mai?

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

After the original post above, I looked online and couldn't find any current reference to a "Duke's" restaurant at a mall in Hua Hin.

Is the new "Living Room" place you mention run by the same people behind the prior Duke's?  And, is/was the former Duke's in Hua Hin related to the original Duke's from Chiang Mai?

When we telephoned we were told that the name was changed to Living Room years ago.  Yet Google Maps still finds it.  Weird.  As to whether it is related to Dukes Chiang Mai I don’t know.

15 hours ago, Crazy Noobie said:

Please forgive me, I made a big mistake. You asked about Hua Hin and for some strange reason, I was talking about Chiang Mai. I am 72 years old and I had a "brain fart". I am sorry I wasn't able to help you.

You are forgiven, an honest mistake and no harm done.  We all make mistakes so don’t take it personally.

• Like 1