3 in 1 Printer - Epson L360 has died, need new printer

hotandsticky

I got HP Smart Tank 750, I highly recommend it. Photo print on A4 paper (for Thai visa stuff) is impressive. It Can print double sided and has a document feeder for copying/scanning. You can consider lower models too, I got mine from shopee with extra discounts/golds a few months ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, muratremix said:

I got HP Smart Tank 750, I highly recommend it. Photo print on A4 paper (for Thai visa stuff) is impressive. It Can print double sided and has a document feeder for copying/scanning. You can consider lower models too, I got mine from shopee with extra discounts/golds a few months ago.

Thank you.

I had looked at the 720 but not the 750....I will now.

Can I ask what price you paid?

May I ask what died on your Epson l 360?   

Lots of YouTube's showing how to clean the heads, download troubleshooting software etc.  

I enjoy fixing things like this.  Not only because I am a cheap charlie.  But better than more waste stream plus I feel good about not donating to excessive corporate profits.   

An example is I  needed a new printer because my old one was real old , basic and so slow.   I bought a used hp 6500a pro at the thrift store.  It fed paper at the test bench and also worked at gome for a week then stopped input feeding.  Googled and seemed like a gear on the shaft breaks free.  To get to this part is almost a complete teardown but some German hacked it by grinding a 2"x2" access hole in the bottom.   I did it and put some epoxy to glue the gear to the shaft and it works fine.  I did need to order an output tray on ebay for 20$ so 35$ and 30 min fix and I have 350$ printer.  I also have found some aftermarket ink cartridges that really work well for real cheap, I've ordered them 2 times.   I tried getting them refilled locally but they didn't last very many pages and 2x the kid forgot to reset the chip inside. 

E-Z Ink (TM) Compatible Ink Cartridge Replacement for HP 920XL 920 for use with Officejet 6500 6500A 6000 7000 7500 7500A E709 Printer Tray (2 Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, 1 Yellow, 5 Pack) https://a.co/d/bfdEwgz

New spec carriages are like 80$

Edited by Elkski

On 12/26/2022 at 1:56 AM, frantick said:

I have the L3150 version of this, about 4700฿. Works good for my rare usage; maybe 200 copies or print outs in 2 years.

Bought it because I hate buying cartridges, and this uses bottles of ink, which I have yet to refill. 

I threw away two Xerox and HP printers with toner cartridges with practically new, I think it is the heat of the LOS that these printers cannot stand, now with the ink printer no more problems.

For EPSON in Thailand with the two-year guarantee it is also a serious company in case of problems.