More than 5M Chinese Visitors expected in Thailand next year

webfact

2 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Can you provide a link to the article, showing evidence of what you claim?

It was posted by another member on a different thread--I think the thread titled something like "How are the bars, restaurants and other businesses doing in Pattaya'.

3 hours ago, paul1804 said:

And where would you find any accurate & truthful information about Chinese tourists visiting Thailand ??

I use TAT for tourist numbers.  TAT says there were 10.9 million Chinese tourists in 2019.  There were two different sources for Chinese tourist  spending in 2019.  One was for, I believe 523 billion baht and the other, Statista, was for 543 billion.  I usually use Google.   Or, TAT statistics, which cover the major countries with tourists visiting Thailand, not just China. 

Google says tourists from the Middle East each spent on average 75,000 baht a day in Thailand, while tourists from China spent only 48,000 baht.   Recently a poster was quick to say that 48,000 baht doesn't seem like much.  Certainly, 75,000 baht seems like a lot more.  But, would you personally choose to receive 10.9 million checks for 48,000 baht each or 100,000 checks for 75,000 baht each? ( Middle East tourists were less than 100,000 in 2019 vs. 10.9 million Chinese.)  I'd take the 10.9 million checks for 48,000 baht each, thank you very much--and Thailand wants them, too.

TAT might be wildly optimistic about the future but seems more accurate with actual visitor numbers.  For example, it recorded the drop in tourist numbers in 2014, the year of the coup, rather than padding the numbers to make the generals look good.  It did not try to inflate the horrific international tourist numbers for 2021--less than 500,000--which gave TAT a black eye.  It has also noted that the numbers for two places--Singapore and Australia--dropped from 2015 to 2019.

I've been finding that posters like to question any statistics that are posted that they don't like or agree with, as you have done, while almost never providing any statistics themselves.  I welcome your stats.   

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Chinese tourists still prefer to travel in groups (44%). This especially counts for Chinese tourists from second, third and fourth-tier cities and regions. 42% of outbound travellers from China prefer to travel individually.

https://marketscans.nbtc.nl/marketscan-china-2019/chinese-travel-market

This data is from 2018 and is data for the world, not Thailand, specific.  Nevertheless, if 44% are in tour groups, that would leave 56%, a majority, not traveling in tour groups.  14% of these non-tour group people are lumped in an unspecified 'Other' category.  

On 12/27/2022 at 2:10 PM, bluemoonpattaya said:

China has 250,000,000 covid cases, that's about 1 in 5 total of population.  And now they are letting them travel to Thailand. I wonder what checks will be made to obtain an entry visa ?   Maybe a little brown envelope will do 

The number keeps going up and up maybe the Chinese tourist think they could out run covid hence so many tourist? I think the world will be hurting just like China is hurting very soon.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Having my breakfast at a counter this morning and 2 Chinese men sat on the other side opposite me . Smoked in my face and one rolled up his napkin and inserted it up his nose, like a covid tester ...poked around and then inspected the withdrawn napkin and discarded it on his plate. 
i warned the waitress not to touch it as she cleared their plates as they left. As Euronews say ..... No Comment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, norbra said:

Some time back I ventured to Kunming for a look around. Come time to eat went to an easting house near the hotel had to wait for seating,staff member came , went to a now vacant table removed the plates and returned with a floor mop and used the mop to clean the table of partially eaten and discarded scraps. Went back to hotel for meals after watching others spitting food scraps onto their table. Table manners like Pigs

And toilet manners ...

27B68C9B-DB67-45EA-87B9-192361EEAF4C.png

• Haha 1