Zero Covid: China proved it has control. Governance is harder.

Scott

dh-illustration-1-1175380-1672092823.jpg

In its single-minded pursuit of the “zero-Covid” strategy, the Chinese government was omnipresent and omnipotent, using its unlimited resources and unchecked power to control the nation. After having nearly exhausted its resources and the goodwill of...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/opinion/panorama/zero-covid-china-proved-it-has-control-governance-is-harder-1175380.html

In its single-minded pursuit of the “zero-Covid” strategy, the Chinese government was omnipresent and omnipotent, using its unlimited resources and unchecked power to control the nation. After having nearly exhausted its resources and the goodwill of...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/opinion/panorama/zero-covid-china-proved-it-has-control-governance-is-harder-1175380.html
n its single-minded pursuit of the “zero-Covid” strategy, the Chinese government was omnipresent and omnipotent, using its unlimited resources and unchecked power to control the nation. After having nearly exhausted its resources and the goodwill of ...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Zero Covid: China proved it has control.

What a load of old rot

Did you actually read the linked article as I notice you left out the second part of the headline..............

Unfortunately the Pooh Bear and his cronies are so dumb thinking they can control a virus when the rest of the world just got on with it that the ever suffering citizens will of course bare the brunt.

I sincerely hope the the whole of the CCP gets it too.

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, topt said:

Did you actually read the linked article as I notice you left out the second part of the headline..............

Just another Anti China hit piece.  Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

And agree, most links posted, some folks don't seem to read, and headliners is all they see.

Considering how many people in China that are not vaccinated, especially the older Chinese, I think that there are going to be a lot of people dying in that country in the next year.

i also remember Thailand wanting to get the Chinese tourist to return. Be careful what you wish for Thailand. I am also glad that XI has had lots of people protesting his policy.  It would be nice if the Russian people protested their leaders policy as well, but that does not appear to be happening. IMO

17 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

Considering how many people in China that are not vaccinated, especially the older Chinese,

I think that there are going to be a lot of people dying in that country in the next year.

i also remember Thailand wanting to get the Chinese tourist to return. Be careful what you wish for

Thailand. I am also glad that XI has had lots of people protesting his policy.  It would be nice if the Russian people 

protested their leaders policy as well, but that does not appear to be happening. IMO

and the ones that are vaccinated shot with near useless sinovax. And they'll soon be coming to a neighborhood near you

Human rights was never a major consideration for China, the same repeat pattern ongoing now:

"In its single-minded pursuit of the “zero-Covid” strategy, the Chinese government was omnipresent and omnipotent, using its unlimited resources and unchecked power to control the nation. After having nearly exhausted its resources and the goodwill of the public, the government has now simply disappeared, just as many Chinese are getting very ill with the virus or dying from it."

2 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Unfortunately the Pooh Bear and his cronies are so dumb thinking they can control a virus when the rest of the world just got on with it that the ever suffering citizens will of course bare the brunt.

I sincerely hope the the whole of the CCP gets it too.

The top officials get mRNA under the table.  

Lockdowns work only to stop the spread for the time.  They can't eliminate the virus.  When they are used, they have to be relatively short and followed up with a strong vaccination program and other mitigation efforts.  

They did not do a good job of controlling either the people or the virus.  

On 12/28/2022 at 9:12 AM, KhunLA said:

Just another Anti China hit piece.  Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

And agree, most links posted, some folks don't seem to read, and headliners is all they see.

You're not the only one suffering from this misconception. The Chinese had plenty of time to import mRNA vaccines and see that the population got vaccinated. Then they could have relaxed controls. Had they done that, there wouldn't be this ongoing disaster now. Instead, for apparently nationalistic reasons, they refused to utilize the superior vaccines.

• Like 1