Musicians/guitarist/vocalists In Pattaya

Freddyrocks

Doubt it - the cops don't take kindly to foreigners working without a valid work permit. Even if you did manage to get a chance to play, the "wages" would certainly be next to nothing. In Europe it's tolerated in many places, that musicians gig here and there and earn a few bucks/pounds/euros. I don't believe that there's any (foreign) music circuit in this country - though would love to be proved wrong! :o

In fact, you would need a work permit even if you play for free - working is working wheter you get paid for it or not!

I used to play in an all Farang band a couple of years ago in Pattaya and we played mostly in beer bars that we "hi-jacked". We knew the owners and we played there for about an hour and since we switched locations every time no jealousy did come up.

Anyways, if you like to start a band in Pattaya let me know, I'd like to do something again!

In fact, you would need a work permit even if you play for free - working is working wheter you get paid for it or not!

I used to play in an all Farang band a couple of years ago in Pattaya and we played mostly in beer bars that we "hi-jacked". We knew the owners and we played there for about an hour and since we switched locations every time no jealousy did come up.

Anyways, if you like to start a band in Pattaya let me know, I'd like to do something again!

I won't be out that way 'til fall but would love to do something Musically. If something were to come together of a viable nature would it be hard to get a work permit for this type of thing?? Either way I'll have a guitar or two with me!!

I won't be out that way 'til fall but would love to do something Musically. If something were to come together of a viable nature would it be hard to get a work permit for this type of thing?? Either way I'll have a guitar or two with me!!

Of course you can set up Rock'n'Roll Co., Ltd. with 2 Mio capital per WP and of course the 4 Thai staff (you will need roadies... :o ), make enough profit to pay your m/m 50k salary and the salary of your staff, the office premises, taxes, social.....lawyer not to forget...or just hi-jack a bar and have fun!

seriously...it is close to impossible unless you land a gig with Blues Factory or comparable establishments.

:D

Of course you can set up Rock'n'Roll Co., Ltd. with 2 Mio capital per WP and of course the 4 Thai staff (you will need roadies... :o ), make enough profit to pay your m/m 50k salary and the salary of your staff, the office premises, taxes, social.....lawyer not to forget...or just hi-jack a bar and have fun!

seriously...it is close to impossible unless you land a gig with Blues Factory or comparable establishments.

:D

I guess we will just have to hi-jack a bar and have fun!! I'm already good at that. As my plans solidify I will update and will also be checking in and posting here(I'm glad I came across this forum) Sounds like there are quite a few folks that I'll be ready to tear it up with when I get to Pattaya!! Really looking foward to it.