Keeping pool cool

Chefgno

Hi. I'm looking for some good ideas keeping my pool chilly. I get 16 to 17 hours of shade per 24 hours. Thinking of putting a 10 ft wide umbrella on the outside of the pool to offset 3 or 4 more hours of sun. Anyone have a chiller hooked up?

Thank you

Geno

Thanks Frederico

I thought the same thing with the fan idea. 
Thanks for your input

I'll keep a lid on it for now. The water is pretty cool at this part of the season right now. And if it gives me one day of bath water temps, the fan comes out, and maybe an umbrella. 

On 1/9/2023 at 8:20 PM, Chefgno said:

Thanks Frederico

I thought the same thing with the fan idea. 
Thanks for your input

I'll keep a lid on it for now. The water is pretty cool at this part of the season right now. And if it gives me one day of bath water temps, the fan comes out, and maybe an umbrella. 

Shade & ice - not to be petulant, but worth a thought 

Buy some big blocks of ice and put them in.  Ice companies can deliver to your house.  You may be surprised how much a few big blocks can lower the temp, and also how long it stays cool.  In the hot months we can drop 3 or 4 big blocks in and it will stay cool for a few days.

Thanks Action

Ive seen this comment before about blocks of ice. On the island here, they don't have blocks of ice, but plenty of big bags of ice used for the restaurants. 
For the party coming up on the 26th, I'll use your suggestion with the ice. 

After this, I may try the fan and see how that works out, the the bid umbrella will be my last resort

Well we came from Texas where the water gets way warm, here I just bit the bullet installed the pool and roofed the whole pool and put a ceiling fan in the middle to keep flys and bugs away.. Also fiberglass insulation in ceiling.. Ended up with 400 meters of 25mm black tubing on roof to warm it up a little.  Get very little leaves or trash in pool..

AC3D1250-3349-4D3E-AB29-34528711E72E.heic

• Thumbs Up 1

Nong Khai Man

Thanks for the info on Issan, but Issan is not my bag. Koh Yao Noi is my final frontier, and todays swim was quite nice. 
I have to get a thermometer so I'm on top of it.

Thanks everyone for the input 

4 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Move Your House to Isaan,My Pool is actually FREEZING Cold from November through to end of February.....NO I'm NOT Joking Either...

Same here in Chiang Mai.  I want to warm my pool up.  Its too cold to swim now.  

In the hot season it's nice though. 

OP could keep pool covered during the day when not on use... With a reflective pool cover to reflect the heat of the sun.

Other then that plant some big shade giving palm trees around the pool... Or build a roof over it.  

I have a pool at my house just outside of Udon Thani and we put a roof over it and in the hot months it's perfect but a little cold in the cold months but I don't really need the pool in the cold months and it is only for a very short period of time. I can still swim okay in the cold months but the Thais cannot, they freeze. Even my granddaughter, who loves the pool, can't really go in. What I really like is, during the really hot months, when you really need the pool, the water is cool and refreshing.