Mukda Han Immigration An Always Interesting Place To Visit

Yesterday I left for Mukda Han to do a so-called Transfer of Stamp to Stay and this is the outcome

post-24939-1183165589_thumb.jpg

Thanks you Maestro for telling me not to do it at Suvarnabhumi, but to have it done at an immigration before one leaves the country.

I entered the office in Mukdahan at 10.45 and left at 12.20 and I was the only customer in that building during the whole procedure and probably the first guy ever who came along with a new and old Swiss passport to ask for a transfer of a Stamp to Stay. And believe me, it was really fun to watch the lieutenant and deputy officer to work my case.

I do not want to report the details what all happened during my being there, since I may have to return to that office in the future again. But be assured that all my documents and copies were correct, apart from the form that I downloaded from this site and filled-in at home, but had to fill-in again, because what I presented did not read “Deputy Officer of Mukda Han Immigration”, but “Inspector of Sub-Divison 2, Bangkok Immigration Divison.

It amazes me again and again how much patience I have developped already since I stay in LOS…….

P.S. In the office I read following notice, valid as from 15.01.07:

Mukdahan Immigration is open daily, except Saturdays, Sundays und Holidays from

08.30 till 16.30

At Savannakhet Thai Consulate you can hand in visa applications from 08.30 till 12.00

Laotian applicants can withdraw their visa the same day from 15.00 till 15.30

All other applicants can withdraw their visas the next day from 14.00 till 14.30

i did the same transfer of visa stamp earlier this year at nongkhai immigration, took not longer than twenty minutes but obviously confused the officer as my new passport at that time was only a temporary one and looked unusual to him. remember a few years ago, same procedure at cambo border, big confusion as my then-new passport number had only nine instead of formerly ten digits. phone call to my embassy solved that problem quickly.

next week same same at nongkhai immigration where they should be prepared i hope. got a paper from my embassy as well, hope immigration can read it.

just too many full page visa stamps in my poor little passports ...