Visa After Visa

Hello, visa gurus

I am swedish, 27 years old. I stayed in Thailand from august until december last year, spent a month in sweden over Christmas, then went back. I have been using 60-day tourist visas, living off savings which I have transferred into a Thai bank account from abroad, gradually. I have not walked in and out on visa runs, but have flied out to countries in the same region as Thailand. I am not married to a Thai.

I just like Thailand and want to spend time there, and I still have enough money for six more months.

I get worried by reading reports that authorities dont like this. I am now in Sweden again, and will fly back within one month.

Should I apply for a 60-day tourist visa, or not? What happens if the Thailand embassy in Stockholm does not approve it?

Do you think they will? What happens if they stamp me with "no more soup (tourist visas) for you"? Will I still be able to enter Thailand on the arrival stamp in Don Muang?

Any swedish person there who can give me some advice? If not, maybe one of you old-timers from other countries could advise me? Dont waste your time with the "stay at home" or "get a job" approach. I will work when I need to, but I really want to chose what to do with money, and that happens to be to stay in Thailand, because it is a great country with great people.

apply for visa in sweden ,show funds and tickets , you should have no problems ,you are a genuine tourist , bringing money in to the country . you are the tourist thailand wants . showing money is coming from abroad is the key . many people have lived here for years on tourist visas ,without leaving . dont worry ,you are not the person they are trying to exclude ..

Just get your arse back here and enjoy yourself, call it a long holiday, my mum comes here many times on a 60 day visa, and like yourself, just wants to be here and enjoy herself, nothing wrong with that.

And yes, get your visa in Sweden.

angie

Hello, visa gurus

I am swedish, 27 years old. I stayed in Thailand from august until december last year, spent a month in sweden over Christmas, then went back. I have been using 60-day tourist visas, living off savings which I have transferred into a Thai bank account from abroad, gradually. I have not walked in and out on visa runs, but have flied out to countries in the same region as Thailand. I am not married to a Thai.

I just like Thailand and want to spend time there, and I still have enough money for six more months.

I get worried by reading reports that authorities dont like this. I am now in Sweden again, and will fly back within one month.

Should I apply for a 60-day tourist visa, or not? What happens if the Thailand embassy in Stockholm does not approve it?

Do you think they will? What happens if they stamp me with "no more soup (tourist visas) for you"? Will I still be able to enter Thailand on the arrival stamp in Don Muang?

Any swedish person there who can give me some advice? If not, maybe one of you old-timers from other countries could advise me? Dont waste your time with the "stay at home" or "get a job" approach. I will work when I need to, but I really want to chose what to do with money, and that happens to be to stay in Thailand, because it is a great country with great people.

Apply for a double entry tourist visa. With two extensions, and one border crossing. they'll give you the 6 months stay that you want. Apply at the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Stockholm rather than the Embassy. Much more reasonable people there. Stureplan 3, 103 75 Stockholm, Tel 46 ( O ) 8 788 5007. There is another Thai Consulate at Goeteborg Tel 46 ( O ) 31 771 5000.