GoFundMe launched to fund treatment after Thailand crash

anchadian

A WORCESTERSHIRE man has been involved in a serious moped crash while travelling in Thailand.

Arron Rouse crashed his moped on the Island of Koi Yao Noi, leaving an open wound on his leg and several broken ribs on Friday, December 16.

Though Mr Rouse had a free travel insurance policy with his bank he did not activate it before he left.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/23237805.gofundme-launched-fund-treatment-thailand-crash/

image.png.f32dfbcc41f2ed28189e9ebde5ea7c97.png

Edited by anchadian
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chuang said:

No wonder Thailand is imposing 300 bahts tourist tax...

Is it ?... I mean has it been implemented ? is there any further information on this ?

AND... when / if its put in place.. is it just for hospitals to claim back un-paid bills rather than to pay the bills of any injured foreigner (in the same manner as health insurance) ?

• Like 1

There have been a number of these ‘Credit Card’ insurance issues lately. 

When I was young with a UK credit card, I was of the opinion that I was fully covered when on holiday. 

Why wouldn’t I be ??.....  the advertisments were repeatedly throwing it at me how I’d be fully insured ?

In reality - the companies are not very good at spelling out specifically what is and isn’t covered or the need to activate the insurance before travel. 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is it ?... I mean has it been implemented ? is there any further information on this ?

AND... when / if its put in place.. is it just for hospitals to claim back un-paid bills rather than to pay the bills of any injured foreigner (in the same manner as health insurance) ?

From the 1st of June