Shooting This Am At Coconut Land And House

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To correct the news, it was the current Thai partner, woman named Mai, who was shot 3 times at the coconut land and house office on ring road, BangPo, she was partner of Norbert Verweyen, the embattled 'owner' of Santithani and all the Coconut Projects on Samui.

the day before, he'd lost his court case with the homeowners at Santithani following a long and very nasty conflict...They got together and kicked him out as manager of the project following that there were many 'wars' happening there, he is regarded as a bellicose and arrogant person who misused his 'power' and it apparently, according to the jungle drums, a warning to him, this shooting of his girlfriend.

Terrible that this happened, despite the ethics of those involved, life is too cheap in Thailand, and this is another example.

But that said, another thing that is lacking here is ETHICS among businessmen, and Samui has long been the land of outlaws and crooks, especially in Real Estate................

Thaijan,

Thanks for some reliable information, I've know Norbert for over 17 years and he opened Samui up to a lot of Germans as he had many contacts, he started the first major house projects on Samui, for sure he may have done some unscruplious dealings and that always bring you into a conflict.

He's a survivor and you will see him for many years to come.

Thaijan,

Thanks for some reliable information, I've know Norbert for over 17 years and he opened Samui up to a lot of Germans as he had many contacts, he started the first major house projects on Samui, for sure he may have done some unscruplious dealings and that always bring you into a conflict.

Where is he then?

Thaijan,

"he may have done some unscruplious [sic] dealings"

:o:D:D:D:D:bah::bah:

Norbert won't be missed, in mho!

Regarding the topic, I don't believe that this was a fair comment.

Suppose we don't have to talk about an absent person in TV.

Well, i bet alot of other ppl consider him unfair and this a fair topic! :o

and who says he's absent?

I DO feel sorry for the victim here, may she R.I.P.

Edited by SamuiJens

Norbert won't be missed, in mho!

Regarding the topic, I don't believe that this was a fair comment.

Suppose we don't have to talk about an absent person in TV.

Well, i bet alot of other ppl consider him unfair and this a fair topic! :o

and who says he's absent?

I DO feel sorry for the victim here, may she R.I.P.

saw norbet at tesco lotus thursday or friday lunch time ,pulling up in his bmw x5 ,however norbet goes about his business he in my opinion is one of the founding members of samui ,done a lot of good here over the years (some bad too) but thats samui ,if it were a warning to him then he should get out now .

and it apparently, according to the jungle drums, a warning to him, this shooting of his girlfriend.

That's really sick that this woman should be gunned down by a coward "just to make a point". Hopefully this animal meets a painful and humiliating end.

This is what the website of Coconut Land & House says:

In 1991 Norbert Verweyen, one of the founders of Coconut Land & House had the idea to fulfill a dream for himself and some of his friends.

So the first beach houses were built on one of the most beautiful beaches on Koh Samui.

The concept of this first project Coconut Village, was so visionary that 6 more projects with more than 50 houses followed.

The company Coconut Land & House does not only plan and construct your house but after completion will also take care of the administration, maintenance and if you wish the renting out of your property.

Whatever the reason behind the shooting & killing of the Lady involved, it doesn't justify a blunt murder.

It doesn't do good to the image of Koh Samui, unfortunately.

RIP :o

LaoPo

BigC,

**flame removed*** read the Bangkok post it happened.

why was it removed i can't even remeber what i wrote. maybe something about if it happened it would be int he paper. what reason for moving that apart from to sdave space on the board.

i cann;t remeber what i actuallywrote but i thin is said that i don;t know if it did or did but willl find out in the paper.

i cannot understand why that was removed ????????

yep got it. found a quote from the bangkok post. i could not get onto bangkok post website though. i duno why said page not found on the link.

definatly a hit man. style if that is what happened. i always say if becuase i don;t bleive anyone or anything.

cannot imagine why they did the wife if it was money motivated but i don;t know the family or the business.

infact i don;t kn ow anything apart from she is dead.

i feel a bit bad when a woman gets shot.

R.I.P

i can't imagine the hit man would like to do it either. probably had to up his pay. thats life.

yes i support the other persons warning.for the husband to leave samui till he finds out what happened ?

there is a slim chance it could have been a mistake.

a friend of mine was killed by a hit man n england about 10 years ago. that was mistaken identity.

which is why i reckon the husband should leave so tilll he finds out what happened. specially if he has kids.

ruthless out here sometimes

Edited by BigC

this is quoted by another site. i cannot get onto the bangkok post page. so you will have to find out how tre this is. just printing what i read. i am not saying anything

old news and may not be the same person.

Man hunt underway for German suspect who failed to stop at a Police Checkpoint and who dumped his brand new car and escaped on foot.

An interesting case now from Banglamung Police Station. A Police Checkpoint was set up in Nongprue sub-district on Wednesday Night and it wasn’t long until officers were called into action when a Black BMW 7 series car failed to stop. A chase ensued and officers failed to locate the car again until it was too late.

The abandoned car was found near a government building and inside was a Thai woman who explained that the owner of the car had fled carrying two bags. Back at the Police Station, the owner of the car was found to be Mr. Norbet from Germany and the woman, Khun Anchallee aged 30 was found to be carrying 1 ½ Yabba Tablets which she claimed was given to her by the German man without her knowledge. She also explained that he would make frequent trips between Pattaya and Koh Samui.

The fact that he was happy to dump this expensive car so he could escape with the two bags suggests he may have been in possession of items of considerable value which he did not want officers to see such as narcotics. The hunt is now on for the German suspect and all ports and airports have been informed to detain this man should he attempt to leave the country. Khun Anchallee is continuing to help Police with their enquiry.

-Pattaya City News

Thursday 13th April 2006user_offline.gif

and it apparently, according to the jungle drums, a warning to him, this shooting of his girlfriend.

That's really sick that this woman should be gunned down by a coward "just to make a point". Hopefully this animal meets a painful and humiliating end.

Agree, it's just one big reason that Samui has a lot of growing to do to stop the outlaw mentality and no intact non-corrupt system of justice. It is terrible. Too many little 'fiefdoms' with often irresponsible directors. Quality of homes in projects way below western standard, cheap materials, poor construction, the rule rather than the exception sorry to say, too many many unhappy homeowners, excessive charges for management and utilities, even by Samui 'standards', contracts that are a joke, and the actual 'selling' of promised "Dream Homes' that turn into nightmares of shoddy construction and questionable maintenance. Threats of bodily harm when complaints are issued, guns on the ready, blah blah blah.

Where else could anyone get away with this? And intimidation and murder to boot?

Hold everyone accountable. No exceptions. Caveat Emptor...........

BigC,

why was it removed i can't even remeber what i wrote. maybe something about if it happened it would be int he paper. what reason for moving that apart from to sdave space on the board.

i cann;t remeber what i actuallywrote but i thin is said that i don;t know if it did or did but willl find out in the paper.

Because you didn't actually write anything from the paper, just called another poster a nasty name. BigC, maybe you shouldn't drink and post at the same time. :o

BigC,

Because you didn't actually write anything from the paper, just called another poster a nasty name. BigC, maybe you shouldn't drink and post at the same time. :D

now i am really baffled i really cannot remeber what i wrote. i don't drink but i might be suffering with ambeasia :o

Agree, it's just one big reason that Samui has a lot of growing to do to stop the outlaw mentality and no intact non-corrupt system of justice. It is terrible. Too many little 'fiefdoms' with often irresponsible directors. Quality of homes in projects way below western standard, cheap materials, poor construction, the rule rather than the exception sorry to say, too many many unhappy homeowners, excessive charges for management and utilities, even by Samui 'standards', contracts that are a joke, and the actual 'selling' of promised "Dream Homes' that turn into nightmares of shoddy construction and questionable maintenance. Threats of bodily harm when complaints are issued, guns on the ready, blah blah blah.

Where else could anyone get away with this? And intimidation and murder to boot?

Hold everyone accountable. No exceptions. Caveat Emptor...........

i am sorry but i have to disagrea. Thailand has its faults but if you do business in the right way then you should not get into trouble and if you know the system. which every business man should only ingorance to blame if you do not know what to do in a situation.

i like thailand specially samui because of its lawlessness.

yes there are rubbish builders but you get them everywhere in the world. yes there are alot of hits but you get them everywhere in the world specially where there is big tourisme and proptery boom with loads of cash floating about.

Thailand can be fustrating at times but i have to admit i would rarther live hear rarther than anywhere else.

She also explained that he would make frequent trips between Pattaya and Koh Samui.

I wonder why??? :o

RAZZ

moderators feel free to remove this one. dunno how close to the edge this one is.

i do hear alot of jelous women attacking other women. like wives and second wives. i am not sujesting anything. just saying what i hear and have had experience with.

then again who knows. papers print the facts. up to the induviduals to draw thier own conclusions

'he opened Samui up to a lot of Germans '.... says it all really, he will go down in history as the man that ruined samui.

Well, isn't that a bit strong?

I think the greed of the Samui landowners helped Samui also to become like it's now; especially the 'poorer sons-of-families' who inherited/owned the beachfronts land....and are now, by far, the richest in the families.

But, the German guy certainly had a nose for opportunities; whether good or bad, like everywhere in the world I'm afraid.

LaoPo

'he opened Samui up to a lot of Germans '.... says it all really, he will go down in history as the man that ruined samui.

But all the other nationals didn't ruin it, right? :o:D :D

Edited by SamuiJens

Just ask the residents of Norbert's housing estates. The ones I know have been extremely angry with the quality, maintenance and rising fees over the years. But, this is endemic on Samui it seems. The other estates aren't much better. But why live on an estate two inches from the nose of a neighbour in paradise and pay western sums for a home that will never meet western standards?

there are alot worse places to live than samui.

quality of life is not too bad if you have enough income to savive on.

i find it pretty save. if you hang around the dodgey crowd and play with matches then u might get burnt. don;t hear much complaints from the middle class forangs that berry themslef in a house in the hills.

maybe i wrong but i know alot worse places to live. just would be nice if we didn;t have to run ino and out the country like yo yos to do visa runs then have the chance of them being refused.

it was on the business news that thai economic growth is slowing right down.

many big building been abandoned half way through contraction due to govment issues. time now is to buy while house prices are low.

if you want to take the risk

i know one lady that knocked off about 2 million off her house in lipa noi becuase she is desperate to sell to re-pay her loan from the bank.

many people have borrowed to invest. now they just want there money back and interest to cover there loan.

worth looking into

Edited by BigC

there are alot worse places to live than samui.

quality of life is not too bad if you have enough income to savive on.

i find it pretty save. if you hang around the dodgey crowd and play with matches then u might get burnt. don;t hear much complaints from the middle class forangs that berry themslef in a house in the hills.

maybe i wrong but i know alot worse places to live. just would be nice if we didn;t have to run ino and out the country like yo yos to do visa runs then have the chance of them being refused.

it was on the business news that thai economic growth is slowing right down.

many big building been abandoned half way through contraction due to govment issues. time now is to buy while house prices are low.

if you want to take the risk

i know one lady that knocked off about 2 million off her house in lipa noi becuase she is desperate to sell to re-pay her loan from the bank.

many people have borrowed to invest. now they just want there money back and interest to cover there loan.

worth looking into

half of that makes no sense. The other half takes great effort by the reader to make it make sense, please take time to read your post before posting.