Anyone here have an Australian U bank account?

OMG what a hassle! Had a U bank (National bank subsidiary) for more than 12 years. Always been difficult as they don't issue accounts to people living overseas. I was told when I moved to Thailand that was ok as I already had an account. As they wont make contact with anything but an Australian phone number I had maintained a number in Oz for 6 or 7 years but then they changed their outdated system of sending an SMS every time you wanted to transfer money so last couple of years I let the Ox number go. Were no problems could transfer to my Aust bank and everything was fine.

About 4 months ago they changed their system, their app and when i tried to log on they sent a message saying my password was not strong enough for the new system and I need to reset it....but to reset it they send SMS confirmation info to your phone, not email or anything else.

i sent them a message through their internal system and got a reply back this morning, after 2 months....No info, thanks for reaching out, please call which I did.

30 mins in a queue before answering, then a robotic like moron on the other end. Confirmed all the secret questions, address etc and she still couldn't do anything. She said she would transfer me onto the people who handle the new system accounts which she did and I get a message.....1.5 hour wait time to speak to someone, you can wait or call back later lol. And we think procedures and systems difficult in Thailand?

Anyone else had any luck sorting this issue out? Luckily atm I don't have any serious money in my account but have done in the past. Everything was fine until they changed everything including my password without warning, which after having the same password for 12 years is utterly ridiculous   

I have an Ubank account (both personal and SMSF), had a lot of issues regarding KYC, which I managed to resolve while in Sydney a few months ago after filing an official complaint with AFCA. They are moving to a new backend system and everything is a complete mess. They told me my accounts will be closed and migrated to the "new" Ubank, at that point I'm supposed to get an email notification. This should have happened already, I guess their migration has issues and can't meet the deadlines. My advice is to do nothing and wait the dust to settle down. If you have issues accessing your money and they are not cooperating, file a complaint with AFCA, you'll be assigned a case officer from Ubank to deal with your issues, at least you'll have a single contact, not getting a new monkey every time you dial in.

3 hours ago, gearbox said:

I have an Ubank account (both personal and SMSF), had a lot of issues regarding KYC, which I managed to resolve while in Sydney a few months ago after filing an official complaint with AFCA. They are moving to a new backend system and everything is a complete mess. They told me my accounts will be closed and migrated to the "new" Ubank, at that point I'm supposed to get an email notification. This should have happened already, I guess their migration has issues and can't meet the deadlines. My advice is to do nothing and wait the dust to settle down. If you have issues accessing your money and they are not cooperating, file a complaint with AFCA, you'll be assigned a case officer from Ubank to deal with your issues, at least you'll have a single contact, not getting a new monkey every time you dial in.

Yeah that's probably good advice wait for things to settle down. The girl I was talking to seemed like all she wanted to do was get me off the phone with no result, and when she transferred me to the "you need wait 1.5 hour queue" to get rid of me....man....smacks of dealing with Colonial Mutual Superannuation....Like a law unto themselves. Reminds me of dealing with dodgy insurance companies in the 70s

11 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Yeah that's probably good advice wait for things to settle down. The girl I was talking to seemed like all she wanted to do was get me off the phone with no result, and when she transferred me to the "you need wait 1.5 hour queue" to get rid of me....man....smacks of dealing with Colonial Mutual Superannuation....Like a law unto themselves. Reminds me of dealing with dodgy insurance companies in the 70s

I spent nearly 3 hours on the phone from Thailand without any luck. Any time I called again I talked to a different person and had to start the explanations from scratch.  As said wait unless it is urgent.

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2023 at 9:24 AM, gearbox said:

I spent nearly 3 hours on the phone from Thailand without any luck. Any time I called again I talked to a different person and had to start the explanations from scratch.  As said wait unless it is urgent.

Give these a call and then sit back and wait for the bank to contact you.

https://www.afca.org.au

https://www.ausbanking.org.au/for-customers/how-to-complain/

If the bank is going to fob you off, go through an external agency.