Printer driver download

overherebc

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you use Windows then try Windows Update, possibly there will be a free driver from Microsoft.

And you can download any drivers for HP products from HP - all free of charge. Just start with HP.com

Yes ! Do this ????

Hp has always been able to supply whatever I have needed free !

Start here ......

http://123.hp.com/DJ2130

Folks are still buying and using HP products?

I gave up on HP years ago.....  HP laptop ran hot and slow.

HP digital camera lasted just a little over 1 year and then the sensor died.

Bought an HP printer in China and when I moved it to Thailand I could not find a replacement ink cartridge for it that would work. HP had encoded a 'regional' function to them. I could buy the exact looking cartridge here in Thailand for it but it would not work.

I'll never buy an HP product again even though I did work for HP many years ago.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you use Windows then try Windows Update, possibly there will be a free driver from Microsoft.

About three weeks ago I reinstalled Windows 10 after upgrading PC with an SSD.

My Brother DCP-1510 was installed without any manual download or whatever.

Would be surprised if MS had not included the mentioned HP model.

From years ago (Windows 7) I remember downloading huge bloatware driver/utility/support bla bla packages from HP or Brother. Tons of gadgets and unwanted bling bling.

Edited by KhunBENQ

7 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Bought an HP printer in China and when I moved it to Thailand I could not find a replacement ink cartridge for it that would work.

Reminds me of the dark times when I had to deal with granddaughters HP ink-jet printer.

What a mess.

I am perfectly happy with my black/white laser printer for "office" use.

Cheap refill toner.

No need for color and to reach some quality you would spend even more on photo paper etc.

For what?

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

About three weeks ago I reinstalled Windows 10 after upgrading PC with an SSD.

My Brother DCP-1510 was installed without any manual download or whatever.

Would be surprised if MS had not included the mentioned HP model.

From years ago (Windows 7) I remember downloading huge bloatware driver/utility/support bla bla packages from HP or Brother. Tons of gadgets and unwanted bling bling.

To be fair, sometimes the supplier drivers and software add functionality.

I.e. today I visited a customer with a HP scanner. With the Windows 11 internal software "Scan" it worked. But the HP software, downloaded from HP, added lots of functions. 

Obviously not everybody needs lot of extra functions. But if you are looking for "extras", the look at the manufacturer website first. 

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

Folks are still buying and using HP products?

I gave up on HP years ago.....  HP laptop ran hot and slow.

HP digital camera lasted just a little over 1 year and then the sensor died.

Bought an HP printer in China and when I moved it to Thailand I could not find a replacement ink cartridge for it that would work. HP had encoded a 'regional' function to them. I could buy the exact looking cartridge here in Thailand for it but it would not work.

I'll never buy an HP product again even though I did work for HP many years ago.

To be fair, HP, and other brands have often different lines of product. Business products with good long-time support and cheap consumer products. Be aware of what you buy. 

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Can anyone suggest where I can download a driver for an hp desk jet 2130 that doesn't involve having to sign up

Full_Webpack-40.15.1230-DJ2130_Full_Webpack.exe

As you can't seem to locate it on HP website, I am attaching it below. Hope that helps. It is downloaded from HP's driver repository and was scanned at my end, but please use your antivirus to check it again before executing it. (scanned with Bitdefender and McAfee Antivirus - both found file safe).