Seven People Injured after Minivan Carrying Chinese Tourists Crashes in Chiang Mai

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Wasan Sudachan / Sawang Samret Rescue Foundation

By Goongnang Suksawat

Chiang Mai – Seven people have sustained injuries after a minivan which was carrying Chinese tourists crashed into a power pole in the Doi Saket district.

The Sawang Samret Rescue Foundation were notified of the accident at 9:30 A.M. on Monday (January 30th) at a curve on the Chiang Mai – Chiang Rai Road in Baan Pang Fan in Pa Meang sub-district.

They arrived at the scene to find the damaged minivan embedded on the power pole on the side of the road. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/31/seven-people-injured-after-minivan-carrying-chinese-tourists-crashes-in-chiang-mai/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-01-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Seven people have sustained injuries after a minivan which was carrying Chinese tourists crashed into a power pole in the Doi Saket district.

Welcome to Thailand! Please chose your coffin in the minivan parking lot. Do you have any last words to say before we go?

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Seven people have sustained injuries after a minivan which was carrying Chinese tourists crashed into a power pole in the Doi Saket district.

Can it get any worse for tourists in Thailand..

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just imagine if they buried the cables as they do out there in the real world, instead of erecting these nasty, dangerous poles that act like magnets to any Thai-driven vehicle... 

As often as they run new lines for Internet there would be digging everywhere all the time.

FYI, the poles are not the problem. The problem is stupid driving or lack of driving skills.

• Thumbs Up 2

Another van crash....and that van was'nt going along at 80!

Thankfully no fatalities yet....and we'll never hear of those that passed in a hospital.....but anyway, again, nothing will come from this crash!

How many other vans crashed this past few days?

3 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

....and we'll never hear of those that passed in a hospital.....

Is that something that occurs in your home country?

I know where I'm from there would be no news (in most occasions) about someone dying days later from an auto accident.

I quit riding these mini vans, after too many close calls getting from Bangkok to Pattaya, or Hua Hin. Now I only ride the large buses of

a couple companies, or the BKK airport to Pattaya or Hua Hin scheduled buses.

I feel safer on the large buses that have 2 drivers.