Covid-19 vaccinations available for foreign tourists nationwide

anchadian

COVID-19 vaccination centers for foreign tourists are currently open in various areas in Bangkok, including Bang Rak Medical Center in Bang Rak district, the Institute for Urban Disease Control and Prevention in Bang Khen district, the Institute of Dermatology, Rajavithi Hospital

Lerdsin Hospital, and Nopparat Rajathanee Hospital. Centers are open in other popular tourism provinces such as Chiang Mai, Chon Buri, Phuket, and Songkhla.

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1620312861443780608

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They've always been available for foreigners.

Are you joking?

When they began  vaccinating Thais in 2021, at many locations foreigners were refused a jab. Many were desperately looking to get a vaccine and didn't get one. Quite a few foreigners flew to other countries to get vaccinated. 

Your post adds insult to injury.

Edited by Lorry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Are you joking?

When they began  vaccinating Thais in 2021, at many locations foreigners were refused a jab. Many were desperately looking to get a vaccine and didn't get one. Quite a few foreigners flew to other countries to get vaccinated. 

Your post adds insult to injury.

You are right of course, specifically if you didn't want Chinese poison... I traveled to ???????? for my shots.

What I would however like to know is which vaccines will be available for boosters... 

24 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

You are right of course, specifically if you didn't want Chinese poison... I traveled to ???????? for my shots.

What I would however like to know is which vaccines will be available for boosters... 

Pfizer, first version. 

I have heard some places still have AZ, not sure about it.

8 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

It's not free for tourists anymore.

"tourists" here (as usual) includes people on retirement visa, marriage visa, ED visa etc, no matter how long they have been here, how many kids/condos/wives they have. 

Non-tourists are people who work here and diplomatic staff

19 hours ago, Thailand J said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

My first jab was way back in Oct 2021.

2 Astrazeneca plus 2 pfizer shots total.

It's not free for tourists anymore.

I know that they're not free now but cost was not mentioned in the comment to which I responded...it just stated that vaccinations were now available for foreigners.   

20 hours ago, Lorry said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Are you joking?

When they began  vaccinating Thais in 2021, at many locations foreigners were refused a jab.

All foreigners who were able to register for vaccinations through the official channels were able to get them.

52 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

All foreigners who were able to register for vaccinations through the official channels were able to get them.

This isn't sarcasm, is it?

You really add insult to injury.

It doesn't occur to you that for many foreigners the fact that they didn't get vaccine in Thailand, led to major upheavals in their life?

People left Thailand to get vaccinated and then weren't let back into Thailand,  meanwhile their life in Thailand (partner, kids, house, work) unravelled.

We really don't think this is funny, and do not appreciate your disdainfulness.

Edited by Lorry
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lorry said:

People left Thailand to get vaccinated and then weren't let back into Thailand,  meanwhile their life in Thailand (partner, kids, house, work) unravelled.

We really don't think this is funny, and do not appreciate your disdainfulness.

All those people knew that they were only temporary visitors here, according to their visa, and they were not forced to leave Thailand they did that of their own accord.

"We really don't think this is funny, and do not appreciate your disdainfulness".

Who's the "we" that you seem to assume that you're representing?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

All those people knew that they were only temporary visitors here, according to their visa, and they were not forced to leave Thailand they did that of their own accord.

Because they didn't get a vaccine here:

On 1/31/2023 at 1:57 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Don't pretend you don't get it