They're back! Chinese tourists flood Mae Klong for "Amazing World Class" experience at market

webfact

Thank goodness i am escaping Thailand in a couple of weeks.

Pattaya has become little Moscow and now we will have the added bonus of hordes of spacially unaware Chinese tour groups yacking at the top of their voices and dressed like scarecrows.

Apparently, Macau is back to 95% of precovid footfall levels.

An experience i will never forget.

16 hours ago, realfunster said:

The Colosseum, Parthenon, Macchu Pichu, Taj Mahal, Angkor Wat, Eiffel Tower and Grand Canyon will surely be scrambling like mad to release an updated marketing campaign to beat off the challenge from this colossus of a tourist attraction. 

Chinese tourist are going to those places also and soon they will overwhelm those places as they used to do pre Covid also.

5 hours ago, PCUSHING said:

Thank goodness i am escaping Thailand in a couple of weeks.

Pattaya has become little Moscow and now we will have the added bonus of hordes of spacially unaware Chinese tour groups yacking at the top of their voices and dressed like scarecrows.

Apparently, Macau is back to 95% of precovid footfall levels.

An experience i will never forget.

I like them better than drunk bride/orgy seekers hoping from brothels to brothels (aka bars) and in baht busses passing sexual innuendos to local girls they would never dare to do in London buses. 

Edited by Xanthe
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Xanthe said:

I like them better than drunk bride/orgy seekers hoping from brothels to brothels (aka bars) and in baht busses passing sexual innuendos to local girls they would never dare to do in London buses. 

So you come to Pattaya for the pristine beaches and crystal clear waters. :giggle:

1 hour ago, Orinoco said:

So you come to Pattaya for the pristine beaches and crystal clear waters. :giggle:

I think the Chinese are running around Pattaya too, but not the huge throngs gawping on Walking  St we used to get. Groups of 4-8 coming into some of the better Walking St Bars .....

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think the Chinese are running around Pattaya too, but not the huge throngs gawping on Walking  St we used to get. Groups of 4-8 coming into some of the better Walking St Bars .....

Will have to get the plastic bags out, for the all you can eat seafood  buffets,  if they are back in town. :giggle:

ffffffhhhh.JPG

22 hours ago, webfact said:

A group of 40 had arrived on Spring Airlines to Don Muang airport while 90 independent travellers were welcomed too.

So TAT are wetting themselves over the arrival of 130 Chinese travellers. Better warn the street vendors about this huge influx of big spenders.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Harsh crowd ...

... that's interesting to see, the train passing through the market.  Guessing a few replying, like myself, have seen it.

Don't know if I'd make a special trip to see, but if in the neighborhood, as most are, seeing other things, why not.  I certainly didn't go where it was that crowded.  Need to stroll down the line a bit further, and a more pleasant experience.  Checking out the vendors as might find something interesting.

What else you going to see here, or not see, this time of year.   Mountain vistas, scratch those.  Gulf is iffy.   Phuket and Samui are scam ridden for tourist.   

Then there's a Wat, and another Wat ... oh yea, and that other Wat.   National parks that charge you 10X the locals, and you wonder why they even pay that much for what's not there.

Waterfalls without water are always a thrill, to pay and not see.  Since they're a bit dry, watching the relic trains on the trestle along the river is a bit different.

Mall after mall, don't have those at home.  Leaves khlong markets and cheap eats, along with coffee shops to increase your BMI.

Thailand as an international tourist destination ... does make you wonder.

Maybe the Chinese are just coming here for the 'fresh air' ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Thailand as an international tourist destination ... does make you wonder.

Maybe the Chinese are just coming here for the 'fresh air' ????

I think the Chinese come here because it's not China. And it's nearby and cheap.

Edited by John Drake
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I think the Chinese come here because it's not China. And it's nearby and cheap.

Same reason I leave the Amphur & Province when ever I can.

Just happy I don't have to deal with airports and 3 or 4 hr flights.