Electric razors

Phoenix Rising

Central Festival on Beach Rd/2nd Rd have Braun shavers in the department store at 2nd Rd end. I cannot remember which floor they are on but if you check the directory where you get on an escalator that should put you on track.

Edited by champers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Thanks, I know but when I buy something that I use every day and is such an important part of my morning routine I'm not willing to go cheap.

Well at least look at Braun on Lazada.... I just don't think you will see a comparable  selection in Pattaya. Not an item I recall seeing many of here. Lazada likely to be better prices too. 

A few pharmacies might have them, Boots, Watsons etc

Edited by jacko45k

The selection in Pattaya is poor poor poor. In my life I have tried the high end models of Braun and Phillips but use now a top Panasonic which I brought with me from Switzerland and which is superior to all the top models of these famous brands. The downside is: They do not sell this model here (no idea why, it was a winner in product comparisons) and this means: No replacement available for the shearing unit which is needed from time to time.

A friend of mine sends me some from Switzerland if I need them. But if I did not have brought this one with me a Braun Model 7 or 9 would do as well, they are just heavy and loud. Just make sure that you can buy the accessories as well and ask the seller how long it takes to deliver them.

Maybe have a look in Bangkok first ? They might have a better selection at Central Chidlom.

In my experience all appear to be made for Asian face and just do not work well on even a moderate size hair growth.  Entry level Braun would not even cut anything (even worse then the cheap Chinese brands).  Although never liked them had to go with a Philips rotary to get even a marginal shave.  The Oneblade is actually quite good (better than any of the normal shavers) and use to get areas rotary can not reach (below nose).   

No I did not try top line models - but at the very poor results from entry levels do not believe they would be much better - they just rode over hair and cut almost nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

In my experience all appear to be made for Asian face and just do not work well on even a moderate size hair growth.  Entry level Braun would not even cut anything (even worse then the cheap Chinese brands).  Although never liked them had to go with a Philips rotary to get even a marginal shave.  The Oneblade is actually quite good (better than any of the normal shavers) and use to get areas rotary can not reach (below nose).   

No I did not try top line models - but at the very poor results from entry levels do not believe they would be much better - they just rode over hair and cut almost nothing.

My Panasonic would accomodate Tarzan. But they dont sell the Top Model here. Maybe has something to do with what you say. A Model 9 Braun will not let you down, either I suppose - the Philips with 3 rotary blades was inferior. In any case I have an emergency set of plastic cheapos for traditional shaving with foam just in case the machine needs some charging and the power is down while the embassador would be enlightend to see me for dinner.

Edited by moogradod
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, moogradod said:

My Panasonic would accomodate Tarzan. But they dont sell the Top Model here. Maybe has something to do with what you say. A Model 9 Braun will not let you down, either I suppose - the Philips with 3 rotary blades was inferior. In any case I have an emergency set of plastic cheapos for traditional shaving with foam just in case the machine needs some charging and the power is down while the embassador would be enlightend to see me for dinner.

I previously had good luck with a Panasonic so when shaving nicks became an issue it was first choice - ordered from Ebay and received fake (although not cheap), not good at all and seller was removed (but took my cash).   I agree the 3 rotary blades are not what I want - but normal shavers just do not seem to pull any hair in so face feels like a Brillo pad after shave.  It really seems the slots are too narrow.  Anyhow if still can use the blade you will have an out.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Interesting. Never occurred to me that the specs would be different for machines sold in Asia. That means I will definitively wait until I visit my home country before buying a new one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

electric razor only shave people with little or no beard, perfect for Asians. Have tried many and many of Braun, Phillips and Panasonic, tried rotary and vibration (same old same, not fit for me) being latin European  have harsh beard and never found the good electric one, never had a clean shave with an electric one, if trying hard for a clean shave I will get dry skin and face itching all day even after using good amount of after shave balm.... went back to the old traditional way of hand razor and currently using Gillette Pro Glide, not cheap but fits me perfectly and every day clean shave

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

electric razor only shave people with little or no beard, perfect for Asians. Have tried many and many of Braun, Phillips and Panasonic, tried rotary and vibration (same old same, not fit for me) being latin European  have harsh beard and never found the good electric one, never had a clean shave with an electric one, if trying hard for a clean shave I will get dry skin and face itching all day even after using good amount of after shave balm.... went back to the old traditional way of hand razor and currently using Gillette Pro Glide, not cheap but fits me perfectly and every day clean shave

I disagree regarding electrical shavers. I have what I consider normal/slightly above normal facial hair growth and although nothing can beat a manual razor of good quality I find that high end electrical shavers can give me a more than adequate shave. The shavers they produce today aren't the same as those on offer 10-15-20 years ago, they are a lot better.

As long as the shaver heads are replaced regularly (and more frequent that the producers recommend) I'm more than happy using electrical shavers, although I do use a manual razor a couple of times a month just for the feel it gives.

I have a Desperate Dan chin and also partial to cow pie.....

Over a year back now, the hospital Doc put me on the anti-coagulants.  The NHS in UK advise you to take up using an electric razor for shaving.  Good advice , as nick yourself with a blade and you have a blood bath on your hands ....

I bought a reasonable Phillips shaver from Lazada.  It takes off the stubble but not as good as the wet shave. Two shaves a day are required........

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I am a dedicated wet shaver, but my friend Victor has a recommendation (and you can get the products on Lazada).

I tried electric years ago but found it gave me skin rashes, flaking skin and and skin roughness.

Wet shave with throw away 3 blade shavers; so easy, quick, light weight., portable, very easy to replace and effective.

Some folks like expensive shaving creams, for me just a little shampoo to remove the dirt and grime. Second application of a little shampoo and 5 minutes later all done.

And doesn't add to tour electric bill. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

The Oneblade is actually quite good (better than any of the normal shavers) and use to get areas rotary can not reach (below nose).   

I use the Remington DURABLADE, same style, wee bit different shaving head.

A bit expensive here, so had sent over from US.  

11 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I use the Remington DURABLADE, same style, wee bit different shaving head.

A bit expensive here, so had sent over from US.  

Just noticed this cheap Kensen 2 in 1 usb version - think will give it a try as the one blade is also very expensive here (and mostly fake).

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i3281306132-s12176486976.html?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Just noticed this cheap Kensen 2 in 1 usb version - think will give it a try as the one blade is also very expensive here (and mostly fake).

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i3281306132-s12176486976.html?

Chime back in after 6 months, let us know (or PM me) how it goes.  I bought 1 Durablade here, don't think it's a fake, but old version and not cheap.

Had an Amazon sale in US, so bought 3 more cheaper 3 total less than the 1 here, and since nephew had parcel coming over anyway, just added to his shipment.  He kept one, so had 3.  One bought locally just died, maybe 2 yrs old.  Other 2 are just OK.  Bought 10 heads last year, again, great sale, and sent over again.  Heads last about 1 year, so much for the 5 yr warranty, though expected, and only cost $6/฿200 each.

I was barely getting 1 shave from the 2 blade Gillette razors sold here (made in Mexico), maybe.

No electric will shave as close as a blade against your skin, that's just impossible.  But I'm also not going to the office everyday.  Shaves that added 10 yrs of grey off.  Always had a lite beard until more salt than pepper ... way to vain for that BS.

Just now, Henryford said:

I have tried many electric shavers over the years and none give a decent shave, and even that deteriorates over time. I use Bic 3 blade wet shaves now, great shave, quick and cheap.

Agree the Bic 3 blade sold locally was also my choice - but on old skin even they can nick at times and when taking blood thinner not pleasant waiting for the bleeding to stop (although looks much worse than it is).  So kind of have to use electric now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brianburi said:

I have a Desperate Dan chin and also partial to cow pie.....

Over a year back now, the hospital Doc put me on the anti-coagulants.  The NHS in UK advise you to take up using an electric razor for shaving.  Good advice , as nick yourself with a blade and you have a blood bath on your hands ....

I bought a reasonable Phillips shaver from Lazada.  It takes off the stubble but not as good as the wet shave. Two shaves a day are required........

They're still shaving in the UK? I thought beards were compulsory now.

Edited by Lemsta69

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 8:18 AM, lopburi3 said:

OK - just got it and not nearly as good a Philips OneBlade - might be fine for beard/underarms/hair trims (many attachments) but not nearly as close a shave as Oneblade (or even rotary shaver).  Too bad as nice looking and seems to work well motor wise - just not cut close to skin.  But then was expecting too much - but did hold out some hope; now lost.  

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

OK - just got it and not nearly as good a Philips OneBlade - might be fine for beard/underarms/hair trims (many attachments) but not nearly as close a shave as Oneblade (or even rotary shaver).  Too bad as nice looking and seems to work well motor wise - just not cut close to skin.  But then was expecting too much - but did hold out some hope; now lost.  

This guy talked me into this style of shaver, though didn't care for the need to replace heads so often.   Although didn't expect the Durablade to last 5 years  either, and they last about 1 year, maybe.

As I posted earlier, bought one here on LAZ, died, but before that, ordered more & heads from USA.

Don't know if he did any updates since 4 yrs since have, and not ready to change.