Alst Employment Opportunities In Thailand

Hi Guys,

I am a qualified PADI instructor now living in Thailand and I have a degree in Chemistry from the UK. I am considering taking the ALST course in Singapore as I would like to work offshore in Thailand (or SE Asia).

Does anyone know what the employment possibilities are in this field here in Thailand? I don't have any offshore experience...

Thanks for any responses.

My friend is a freelance commercial diver in Thailand and he says that they are sometimes in need of life support techs but I don't know salary or have any contacts I'm afraid. I'll try and get some more information off him and let you know.

Any offshore saturation diving spread is required by internationally recognized standards to have access to a hyperbaric chamber in case of emergency. I am not sure about the requirement for ALST's. I do know that offshore work in the Gulf of Thailand is rather large right now. There are probably 5 or 6 full 24 hours diving spreads working right now. It is a rather cliquish business though and tough to break in.

TH

Edited by thaihome

A friend of mine is an LST, as an ALST you should be starting off at $250 a day once up to LST $500 + a day, depending who you work for. Very, very difficult to break into this market. I hear there are over 40 ALST's sitting around in Pattaya waiting for a start. No experience, no start. Its who you know not what you know. On the other hand, I hear that sat divers are in demand at present