Bilingual family therapist?

Na Fan

Central Pattaya, or Chonburi / Bangkok preferred. Any recommendations for someone that knows what they're doing and is proficient enough in both English and Thai?

Our four year old is slowly but surely tearing our family apart. Wife is at her wits' end and so am I.

Is the issue with the child only (in which case you need a child psychologist/psychiatrist and likely some diagnostic tests) ?

Or is there an issue between you and your wife regarding parenting approach etc? That would call for a family therapist whereas the first needs different resource

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Is the issue with the child only (in which case you need a child psychologist/psychiatrist and likely some diagnostic tests) ?

Or is there an issue between you and your wife regarding parenting approach etc? That would call for a family therapist whereas the first needs different resource

It's probably a mix of it all.

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

I don't know, but I would temporarily give the kid to grandparents, siblings, relatives, friends, carers. Pay them good money and visit kid on weekends for quality time.

Abandoning the child isn't really something I could consider.

• Like 1

I suggest you begin by having the child thoroughly evaluated and getting a reliable diagnosis and treatment plan.

For which I recommend:

https://www.manarom.com/child_eng.html

In Bangkok, Bang Na area so nto too bad a trip from Pattaya

Most of their staff speak English but you can specify this when you make appointment

A battery of initial testing may be required and may cost a bot but is well worth it -- without a reliable diagnosis it is impossible to manage the condition

Once diagnosed they will provide treatment/a treatment plan and guidance for the parents.  Often just getting a clear explanation/diagnosis and guidance on management from a professional will be enough to help the parents cope. But if not, and it still  proves hard for you and your wife to get on the same page, or there is continuing tension between you, then I suggest one of the English speaking Thai counselors here

https://ncsbkk.com/ncs/index.php/counseling/about/

Or at Manarom, but I think NCS may cost less.

Depending on what the problem turns out to be, there may be other resources as well. Fr example there is a Thai association for autism.

• Love It 1