Mother's consent

Hi, Im flying to the UK with my 15 year old half Thai son in April. Just the 2 of us as his Mum is staying home.

Do I need to get or write a travel consent form to take him out of Thailand.

Thank you in advance

i have been made aware that i do need written consent from his mother. So my question is - will a handwritten note be ok? O do i need to get it authorized. anyone have any recent experience?

17 hours ago, nikmar said:

i have been made aware that i do need written consent from his mother. So my question is - will a handwritten note be ok? O do i need to get it authorized. anyone have any recent experience?

So, last year I took my 10 yr old to US. Her mom and I went to the Amphur office and they had a letter for us to sign for just such a case. Also I had photo copies of her mom's Thai passport and DL.

No one asked for anything. The airline checking in didn't care, We went through the Thai passport control and he didn't ask for anything, at BKK.

I would expect your son being 15, they wouldn't ask either.

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So, last year I took my 10 yr old to US. Her mom and I went to the Amphur office and they had a letter for us to sign for just such a case. Also I had photo copies of her mom's Thai passport and DL.

No one asked for anything. The airline checking in didn't care, We went through the Thai passport control and he didn't ask for anything, at BKK.

I would expect your son being 15, they wouldn't ask either.

thanks mate - by the way , would any Ampphur office suffice or did you go to the amphur where youre registered?

7 minutes ago, nikmar said:

thanks mate - by the way , would any Ampphur office suffice or did you go to the amphur where youre registered?

Both mother and kid were registered with this Amphur office. I don't know about going to a different one.

• Thanks 1