Bus to Rayong?

nupersoodles

Tried a search but nothing came up, what's the best way to get to Rayong by public transport in daylight hours? The yellow bus that passes through from Mukdahan doesn't seem to be running anymore, unless anyone knows different? At least, it's not showing up on 12goasia and the like, and fares are showing on the official website as 0 THB. I think Phetprasert might run a service that comes down through Laem Chabang from somewhere northerly but there doesn't seem to an English option on their website and I'm terrible at reading these non-standard Thai fonts they use.

Also how about songthaews, could I just hop on a white one at Sukhumvit then change at Sattahip for a second one bound for Rayong?

59 minutes ago, MJCM said:

You could also try NCA (Nakornchai Air) as all there buses that arrive in Pattaya will end up in Rayong..

NCA bus station is near the intersection with Pattaya klang, turn right at the traffic lights and maybe 200 meters on the left hand side is their bus station

Thanks for the suggestion I'll pop in and see if they have anyrthing. Nothing listed for Pattaya on their website but Rayong is there so quite possibly there'll be something running along Suk.

Edited by nupersoodles

6 minutes ago, nupersoodles said:

Thanks for the suggestion I'll pop in and see if they have anyrthing. Nothing listed for Pattaya on their website but Rayong is there so quite possibly there'll be something running along Suk.

Nope nothing on their website because they list their end/begin points only which is IMHO a bit confusing

You could try calling their call centre 1624

6 hours ago, nupersoodles said:

NCA definitely has buses going to Rayong at very frequent intervals, starting early. Good luck getting a schedule out of them. If you just show up at the station, you'll probably get a bus within an hour.

8 hours ago, nupersoodles said:

Tried a search but nothing came up, what's the best way to get to Rayong by public transport in daylight hours?

Whenever I want to get from A-2-B I always check on Rome2Rio...

E.g. Pattaya to Rayong by Bus comes back with Nakhonchai Air (5 times per day) & Yellow Bus (once per day)... 

https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Pattaya/Rayong#r/Bus/s/0

I can see somebody has already posted the contact details for the NCA contact center, if those don't work you could try... 

0-2939-4999

[email protected]

Or you can use Facebook Chat https://www.facebook.com/nakhonchaiair.official/

Edited by Mike Teavee

It's typical Thai quality, but Nakhonchaiair's website will reveal their timetable given a bit of work.  Booking online is possible but not to/from intermediate points like Pattaya but the staff in the office are usually pretty helpful.

21 minutes ago, treetops said:

It's typical Thai quality, but Nakhonchaiair's website will reveal their timetable given a bit of work.  Booking online is possible but not to/from intermediate points like Pattaya but the staff in the office are usually pretty helpful.

It was a long time ago but me and more so my Mrs, regularly used that service between Korat and Patts. Always found it best to go to the office before and book the ticket......

Take the baht bus from outside the temple at the bottom of Pattaya Tai. Get off at Sukhumvit, turn left and walk over the footbridge to the other side of Sukhumvit. Wait there.

Look for a white minibus with a blue stripe... wave, although many will stop. Ask the driver if he goes to Rayong (most do, some stop at Sattahip).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did the trip last Friday. went to the Nakhornchai Pattaya bus station. I got there at 1pm and was told that the next bus would be at 5pm.They have buses every 30 to 60 minutes in the morning,and the fare is 80 or 90 Baht ,depending on the class of the bus.I ended up taking a Rot thu/van for 100Baht. The problem is that neither bus nor van go to downtown Rayong, they stop at the bus station outside of town,about 8km or 80 Baht by motorcycle taxi .

On 3/19/2023 at 10:00 PM, norfolkandchance said:

We get off at Pattaya Central at 1900 from Korat which then runs to Patong. I'm sure buses run from there though the day.

Bit confused there . Patong is a long way away and on the other side of the gulf.