Is Visa Exemption still for 45 days period?

I'm a EU citizen. I flew in to Thailand mid January and stayed 45 days, in line with the visa exemption scheme. For personal reasons, I need to get back to Thailand early April (again by air). My question is whether the visa exemption period will still be 45 days, and not changed back to 30 days as it used to be previously. I need to know that so I can book my flights accordingly.

My understanding is that I can enter Thailand several times a year if flying in - whereas it's limited to twice a year if by land. I will most likely want to come back to Thailand, again, later in the year, most likely end August to September or October, either on a visa exemption period or maybe that time I will arrange for a TR visa for a longer stay i.e. beyond 45 days. Another question then is whether that makes sense.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

13 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

). My question is whether the visa exemption period will still be 45 days, and not changed back to 30 days as it used to be previously. I need to know that so I can book my flights accordingly

Your post in the main is correct...

re two visa exempt entries via land per calendar year etc .

The visa exempt is listed to return to 30 days after March 31.

No one can state that it will be extended beyond that. 

The unlimited visa exempt entries via air is correct however in reality ongoing back to back will eventually hit a road block. 

14 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

My question is whether the visa exemption period will still be 45 days, and not changed back to 30 days as it used to be previously.

45 days until end of March - no news on it being extended to date.

15 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

My understanding is that I can enter Thailand several times a year if flying in - whereas it's limited to twice a year if by land.

Correct.

16 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

I will most likely want to come back to Thailand, again, later in the year, most likely end August to September or October, either on a visa exemption period or maybe that time I will arrange for a TR visa for a longer stay

Not a problem either way you go, remember if you change your plans you can also get a 30 day extension if you enter visa exempt.

A post with a link to a disallowed source has been removed:

16. The Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail, Phuket News and the Thaiger do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to the Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail, Phuket News and the Thaiger publications will be deleted from the forum. These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not by ASEAN NOW. In rare cases, forum administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.