Nok Air Offering All Domestic Flights For 3 Baht !

geoffphuket

I am willing to go up to 6 baht! :o

3 baht plus airport taxes and fuel surcharges landing tax ,gonna more than 3baht i can assure you :D

Economy flight, one way, Bangkok - Phuket 10th July. 855 Baht ++. Total 1,355 Baht.......Hmmmm, Cheap but not 3 Baht.

Have you also noticed they are now doing an international flight to Bangalor for 2209bt + taxes one way that is a bargain!

It is if you want to go there. They've no other choice of international destination :o ... and don't forget the 2,000 Baht tax - total 4,109 Baht

Me, my partner and our son have to go to CM this weekend so I thought I'd give it a go:

DEPARTURE

1 Fare (ADULT) THB 1,042.06

1 Tax, Fee and Surcharge (ADULT) THB 707.94

Airport Tax THB 100.00

Insurance THB 50.00

Administration Fee THB 50.00

Fuel Surcharge THB 400.00

VAT THB 107.94

Subtotal per ADULT THB 1,750.00

x3 THB 5,250.00

Total (ADULT) THB 5,250.00

DEPARTURE TOTAL THB 5,250.00

RETURN

1 Fare (ADULT) THB 948.60

1 Tax, Fee and Surcharge (ADULT) THB 701.40

Airport Tax THB 100.00

Insurance THB 50.00

Administration Fee THB 50.00

Fuel Surcharge THB 400.00

VAT THB 101.40

Subtotal per ADULT THB 1,650.00

x3 THB 4,950.00

Total (ADULT) THB 4,950.00

RETURN TOTAL THB 4,950.00

ATM1.4 THB 20.00

Counter Service Plus2.1 THB 30.00

TRIP TOTAL THB 10,200.00

B3 my arse - total scamming tossers.

TERMS & CONDITIONS:

3THB fare/passenger/flight is available for booking from 3rd to 13th July 2007 (advance booking before departure at least 3 days). This fare applies to the travel date from 6th July to 30th September 2007.

RIGHT, I WAS BOOKING 4 DAYS IN ADVANCE, FOR TRAVEL ON THE 6TH OR 7TH.

This fare excludes airport tax, fuel surcharge, and other fees.

WHICH TAKES THE PRICE UP TO NORMAL FARE PRICES.

THB fare applies to the Economy seat of domestic flight for transportation from the departure airport to the arrival airport. The total offered seats is 33,000.

Does not include destinations operated by SGA.

33,000 PEOPLE PAYING EXACTLY THE SAME PRICE AS NORMAL.

BLA BLA BLA...

The booking can be made via the website, call center 1318, or airport ticket counter from 3rd to 13th July 2007 only.

Seat assignment is available via the website and can be made 90 days in advance of the departure day at earliest and 6 hours before departure time at the latest. The assigned seat cannot be changed.

The booking of any flight is confirmed only when the passenger makes a full payment and has a booking number issued by Nok Air. If the passenger does not check-in on the travel date, the booking will be cancelled.

Nok Air reserves the right to change the terms of this campaign without prior notice.

RIP OFF, FORGET IT, IF YOU WAS TREVELLING ANYWAY AND PREPARED TO PAY NORMAL PRICES THEN FLY WITH ANOTHER AIRLINE, FORGET THESE SCAMMING SHYTES.

I am not so sure everyone would call it a scam as some industry people would consider it smart advertising and it does work in attracting customers. The ads are true but somewhat limited in availability. Just look at all the attention on the ad here in the forum which is why getting attention and name recoginition is what this type of advertising is designed to do. It's all about reading the fine print and the fine print in these ads is always the limited number of seats available per flight and exluding taxes and all the surcharges they are tacking on these days. Unfortunately this type misleading advertising seems to also be prevalent in many other industries.

I am just stating facts and not in any way defending the industry as I agree that these types of ads are a bit misleading.

I think the saying goes " I don't care what you say about me just as long as you remember my name correctly ". BTW, I forgot-what was the name of that airline offering 3 baht seats ?? :o

Edited by jetjock

Hello,

I booked two tickets from Chiang Mai to Bangkok..round trip 3 baht each way for both.. but with the taxes, fuel surcharge, airport tax, admin fees, insurance fees etc... it was 2500.00 baht total bill for both tickets there and back.. but that still is a great deal... I am flying in on a friday and leaving on a monday with my wife.. this is much less than half of what I pay regularly.. so I am very pleased... the site is being overloaded with people buying tickets.. thus the site being down or very very slow.. I am guessing the tickets will be gone very quickly. No scam.. real deal.. but yeah.. no such thing as a 3 baht ticket.

Hello,

I booked two tickets from Chiang Mai to Bangkok..round trip 3 baht each way for both.. but with the taxes, fuel surcharge, airport tax, admin fees, insurance fees etc... it was 2500.00 baht total bill for both tickets there and back.. but that still is a great deal... I am flying in on a friday and leaving on a monday with my wife.. this is much less than half of what I pay regularly.. so I am very pleased... the site is being overloaded with people buying tickets.. thus the site being down or very very slow.. I am guessing the tickets will be gone very quickly. No scam.. real deal.. but yeah.. no such thing as a 3 baht ticket.

well done mate :o I checked the price for all 3 of us and the price was just over B10,000 flying the same days as you, did you book before the deal was advertised? If so then why would I pay more when the 'deal' is on?

Well, not sure but this booking was for august 31st return september 4th, maybe because I booked so far in the future? I have no idea.

Hello,

well done mate :o I checked the price for all 3 of us and the price was just over B10,000 flying the same days as you, did you book before the deal was advertised? If so then why would I pay more when the 'deal' is on?

I am not so sure everyone would call it a scam as some industry people would consider it smart advertising and it does work in attracting customers. The ads are true but somewhat limited in availability. Just look at all the attention on the ad here in the forum which is why getting attention and name recoginition is what this type of advertising is designed to do. It's all about reading the fine print and the fine print in these ads is always the limited number of seats available per flight and exluding taxes and all the surcharges they are tacking on these days. Unfortunately this type misleading advertising seems to also be prevalent in many other industries.

I am just stating facts and not in any way defending the industry as I agree that these types of ads are a bit misleading.

I think the saying goes " I don't care what you say about me just as long as you remember my name correctly ". BTW, I forgot-what was the name of that airline offering 3 baht seats ?? :D

Abit misleading :o

It's a disgrace. Why don't they say free tickets for all. All day everyday...but please checkout the extras :D

It's ridiculous what airlines do these days, where you need to pay fuel and "administration fees" separately as hidden fees. I mean why don't they advertise:

FREE FLIGHT TICKETS

You simply pay for the seat, fuel, administration fees, ...

Actually, I don't see what you're all on about. Obviously they can't waive the taxes and fees. Someone has to pay them and they're not going to do so on your behalf. And there's obviously a quota of tickets per flight which are available at this price, so if you don't book far ahead you can't get the lowest price. This is normal for low cost airlines the world over. For instance in Germany, Air Berlin offers its lowest cost domestic flight at 29 euros - that's one euro for the ticket and 28 euros for the fees and taxes. Still a phenomenal price if you book in time to get one of those tickets.

Nok air, and air asia have been doing things like this for some time.. I got in on a promotion last year with air asia and paid 900 baht to krabi and 250 baht to bangkok.. from chiang mai... But hey if they go under I lost 2500 baht but I don't think they will.

Not a good sign. Usually right after these types of seat sales the airline goes under. :o

Not a good sign. Usually right after these types of seat sales the airline goes under. :D

Actually you will probably find more of this type of ridiculously cheap airfare advertising done by new startup airlines or airlines entering into a totally new market for them. It has proved to be an extremely effective way of making consumers aware of their existence in a market.

An example happened recently here in Hawaii, we had a brand new startup airline announce their arrival by a promotional ridiculously cheap $19.95 interisland airfare. Within days everyone was talking about the new airline and knew their name. Once they announced the cheap fare, one of established airlines offered free flights in an attempt to take the wind out of their sales. Of course in the fine print both fares were plus tax and surcharges and the seats were limited as that is the name of the game.

Many people but not everyone is able to take advantage of these cheap promotional deals if the time frame of the offer coincides with your travel plans. The trick is to sign up quickly as seats are usually very limited. Of course it is misleading advertising but the fact is that many people get these really cheap promotional seats which usually sell out very quickly. Of course you always have the option of showing your displeasure with this somewhat misleading promotional type of advertising by instead buying a full priced ticket on some other carrier. :o

Not a good sign. Usually right after these types of seat sales the airline goes under. :o

Actually you will probably find more of this type of ridiculously cheap airfare advertising

From Air Asia emailed to members this morning, it's 1 baht, Nok Air have been undercut!!!!!!!!!

post-41977-1183598166_thumb.jpg

I booked a flight for July 11 on One Two Go for 799 Bht one way from BKK to Phuket. It was $23 US on my credit card. Best deal I could find!! They are having a low season special. I think it's only 10 seats per flight.

Actually, I don't see what you're all on about. Obviously they can't waive the taxes and fees. Someone has to pay them and they're not going to do so on your behalf. And there's obviously a quota of tickets per flight which are available at this price, so if you don't book far ahead you can't get the lowest price. This is normal for low cost airlines the world over. For instance in Germany, Air Berlin offers its lowest cost domestic flight at 29 euros - that's one euro for the ticket and 28 euros for the fees and taxes. Still a phenomenal price if you book in time to get one of those tickets.

same here, i still can't see what you all are bitching about. what scam? even normal airlines' prices come up as "tickets + taxes". so nok air tickets are 3 bht + tax & ins & fees. what's so hard to understand about it?