Unlocking Smart Phone

Eddie45

I have got a smart phone that is locked to a network in the UK. I have repeatedly asked the network provider for the unlock codes as the phone is no longer under contract. The way things are looking I wont have the codes before I leave for Thailand. If I go into a phone shop in Thailand when I arrive and buy a plan from them. Will it be easy for them to unlock it for me.

Edited by Eddie45

Not sure what Network you're on. But if EE, enter "how do I get an ee unlock code " into Google, check that you've clicked onto https://ee co.uk/... incase you selected a Non EE link.

Then follow the instructions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eddie45 said:

have got a smart phone that is locked to a network in the UK. I have repeatedly asked the network provider for the unlock codes as the phone is no longer under contract.

Going into the providers shop is the best way to do it. However there are numerous little shops that will unlock it for a fee in the U.K. if it is as easy once you get here is a very different matter. FWIW the locked phones I’ve been giver are not at all easy to unlock, but since they are perfect as a high end iPod I don’t really care.