Hotel Recommendation for US Embassy in Bangkok

i'd suggest sukhumvit soi 8, maybe adelphi suites ?  and for about half that price you could go with stable lodge/hotel.  soi 8 has easy access to BTS.  ride it one stop to ploenchit and walk to embassy from there.  or just walk from soi 8, probably 20-25 minute walk.

• Like 2

With the price of Taxi’s in Bangkok... its not really a big issue, though traffic can be at key rush-hour times.

Anywhere in the area should do and just flag down a taxi to get there. 

Also ‘decent price’ is very subjective..

Centre Point on Langsuan is likely to be relatively well priced (about 3,800 baht)

Conrad Residence on Wireless Rd is the closest decent accommodation (about 6,700 baht).

Conrad Hotel on Wireless Rd is the closest decent but more pricey.

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

With the price of Taxi’s in Bangkok... its not really a big issue, though traffic can be at key rush-hour times.

Anywhere in the area should do and just flag down a taxi to get there. 

Also ‘decent price’ is very subjective..

Centre Point on Langsuan is likely to be relatively well priced (about 3,800 baht)

Conrad Residence on Wireless Rd is the closest decent accommodation (about 6,700 baht).

Conrad Hotel on Wireless Rd is the closest decent but more pricey.

The grand Centre Point is a nice hotel.  I just rented out my BKK Condo which was not far from the Embassy and behind the SO/Bangkok.  With my daughters flying in to visit for a few weeks I booked the Family 2 bedroom suite at Grand Centre point, within walking distance to Central World, Siam Square, Siam Paragon MBK, and then the Fashion mall where they will buy some clothes at decent prices.  

I also scheduled a notary appointment at the Embassy for then as well as I need a document notarized that the girls will take back to the US with them.  Lumpini Park is also just down the street and there are great places to eat on Langsuan as well as a Villa market downstairs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ignore it said:

The punters choice:

NANA Hotel.

Fair price, reasonable walking distance, good brekky buffet, and some nighttime distractions.

If you can handle the night music, this is the best location.  The price is right, it has a pool, a good breakfast and not hard to get a meter taxi to get to the Embassy.  There are also some good food locations there that serve dinner at a good price. 

Asia hotel at ratchewi  bts is also a good hotel right on the BTS take it to Ploenchit and then taxi or motorbike to embassy

• Thanks 1

Thank you for all your replies.

Because of my health, I can't walk too much and I will going with my wife and son.

He needs to renew his passport as he only has a child passport and both parents need to go with him and show pictures through the years. He is now 17 years old.

I will check all the above for the best option for us.

• Love It 2

On 3/16/2023 at 5:43 PM, racyrick said:

Thank you for all your replies.

Because of my health, I can't walk too much and I will going with my wife and son.

He needs to renew his passport as he only has a child passport and both parents need to go with him and show pictures through the years. He is now 17 years old.

I will check all the above for the best option for us.

You may want to double check the information. If correct, per travel.state.gov, a 17 year old can apply (DS-11) by him/herself with documented parental awareness. If correct, perhaps only his mother can attend if needed.

When applying for a child passport then yes both parents need to attend or have a notorized DS-3053 if only one parent is able to attend.

43 minutes ago, Nino3 said:

You may want to double check the information. If correct, per travel.state.gov, a 17 year old can apply (DS-11) by him/herself with documented parental awareness. If correct, perhaps only his mother can attend if needed.

When applying for a child passport then yes both parents need to attend or have a notorized DS-3053 if only one parent is able to attend.

Thanks, but my son was issued his passport when he was 2 years old and it was never renewed. That is why both parents are required to sign and we must present pictures of him over the years showing how he grew up and this is the same child.