A ride to the Paragliding mountain at Nong Yai

Yesterday I rode back to Bomb Mountain, the paragliding mountain at Nong Yai in Chonburi for the second time.

Mr G was unable to join as he is still recovering for his fall last week. Al also had to give the ride a miss due to a non motor biking injury.

I met up with a Facebook friend Mr A to ride up on our CT125’s. The ride at first was a bit busy but once into the countryside it was ok. On arriving at the base of the mountain we had a chat about if the CT125’s had enough power and planned to paddle on the two steep parts if necessary.

Unfortunately Mr K did not quite have enough momentum and paddling didn’t help too so he had a fall just past elephant <deleted> corner. I stopped at the next flat area to come and help just in time to watch him fall into the drainage ditch back at elephant corner, quite spectacular!

We got his bike upright and sorted, then I carried on to the top to take a photo before riding back with Mr K the family shop near the bottom of the mountain for water and to check the bike over.

Mr K was starting to stiffen up after the falls and decided to ride home. He didn’t need company so I carried on my intended loop round the mountain and home, some 250km loop.

Mr K got home safely and hopefully will be riding soon.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vMv8B7kAMP6

20230325_093105.jpg

20230325_093941.jpg

20230325_094111.jpg

20230325_095118.jpg

20230325_095648.jpg

20230325_114201.jpg

received_900794751142698.jpg

received_1039187287044075.jpg

Screenshot_20230318_151850_Gaia GPS.jpg

• Like 1

Knowing that you have dropped the bike when going backwards downhill and just discovering on another forum that ABS also works when going backwards, would it help you by pulling the ABS fuse and deactivating the ABS????

5 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Knowing that you have dropped the bike when going backwards downhill and just discovering on another forum that ABS also works when going backwards, would it help you by pulling the ABS fuse and deactivating the ABS????

I did not drop my bike this trip, it was my friend.

The front brake works going backwards but the tyre just slides over the concrete or track if too steep. And there is no engine drag even if in gear.

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

^ OK so your ABS does not stop locking up so no need to pull the fuse.????

On the times i have been rolling backwards the front break locked up. 

Hopefully i won't experience it again ????

This mountain road in Chonburi is as steep as any road i have ridden. Even locals keep falling going up.

• Like 1

Yesterday Al and I went exploring new and better routes to ride east from Pattaya avoiding main roads and industrial sites where possible.

We did end up riding up Bomb mountain again, this time no accidents and at the top were a group of Thai guys on scooters from Bangkok at the top taking in the view and photographing each other.

Al and I decided to ride around the side of the mountain to see the other way in and then continued on a scenic loop back to Pattaya. Unfortunately Al and a patch of gravel had a misunderstanding and for the first time on this bike he had a fall. As it was at a busy junction I didn’t have time to take a photo to post!

A good scenic ride of just over 300km

This morning I went to take a few photos at the start of the route just outside Pattaya.

20230401_084152.jpg

20230401_084242.jpg

20230401_100523.jpg

DSCF5916.jpg

DSCF5917.jpg

DSCF5918.jpg

DSCF5919.jpg

DSCF5921.jpg

DSCF5922.jpg

DSCF5926.jpg

DSCF5929.jpg

DSCF5930.jpg