13 Injured In Bangkok Bus Accident

george

13 injured in bus accident in Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- At least 13 people were injured, two critically, when a bus hit a pole on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road in Bangkok on Wednesday morning.

Bus no.52, routing between Pakkred-Bangsue, was overpassing a car with high speed when one of its wheels ran over road curb, causing it to loose balance, a witness said. The bus then bang into a pole.

The bus driver was among the critically injured victims.

The accident caused heavy traffic on the road.

The wounded people were rushed to Vibhavadi hospital.

-- Bangkok Post 2007-07-04

Passenger bus no. 52 overturned, causing injuries and heavy traffic

A passenger bus no. 52 running between Bang Sue and Pak Kret in Bangkok overturned this morning (Jul 4) at 7:30 AM, causing many injuries.

A passenger bus no. 52 with a license plate 12-1175 Bangkok crashed into a street isle and was knocked over near the Bang Kaen Tollway. The accident injured at least 10 passengers. Nevertheless, the rescue units have taken the injured passengers to Vibhavadi Hospital.

Moreover, accident caused the traffic on Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd. to be more congested than usual. Commuters are advised to avoid the congested route during this period.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 04 July 2007

The BP really should consider hiring a competent editor or buying a "grammar and spell check" program. It's embarassing to read. The kid from Surin that carries around my equipment writes better than this and all he has is a basic primary school education.

Shame on the BP for allowing this to go to press unedited.

After edit.

The Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department has just restored my faith in quality. :o

Edited by geriatrickid

Bus no.52, routing between Pakkred-Bangsue, was overpassing a car with high speed when one of its wheels ran over road curb, causing it to loose balance, a witness said. The bus then bang into a pole.

accident ???

It's a fine line between being first with the news whilst maintaining quality. My guess it that none of the English editors had arrived for work when this story happened. What would you do? Wait for them to arrive or publish first and amend later (which has now happened)? What is better for a news organisation - being first with some kind of story or being second with a gramatically correct version?

I agree that this is a poor story in terms of English but it was later corrected. The important thing is to get a breaking story out with some facts and that is what appears to have happened.

Thanks for the OP, which does help people who have to travel on that road and/or have employees who use that bus route. Please keep us updated on the condition of those injured and the cause of the accident.

Some of those buses are so poorly maintained--and yes, some drivers are not the best--a very dangerous combination.

I wonder if I should try to use the license plate numbers on the lottery draw--or maybe the route number....or....

Live update from our on the spot kindergarten reporter Lukleklek:

In the Bangkok some man woman hurt bad no good. Bus quick quickly quicker. Boom! Dee daa dee daa. Hospital car go hospital but stick in car strawberry jam and no go hospital quick quickly quicker. Man two person no die he no good he maybe ok.

Bus number 52 go Pakkred come back Bangsue. He go fast faster and car slowly under the car no have. Woman car loose bowel in car have problem, happy. Bus boom chitty chitty bang bang stone look like ruler.

Man drive bus run run quicker quickly quick. He go not come back.

If have problem telephone number no good he have baby come back too much. Thank you crap.

Commiserations to all passengers in this 'accident'.

However, the bus driver should be thrown into a he11-hole of a jail for years. It's sh1tbags like him (her?) who cause carnage on the roads here. :o

Edited by Big A

Live update from our on the spot kindergarten reporter Lukleklek:

I laughed so hard that there is now coffee splattered all over my desk.

Thanks for the laugh.

After looking at that bus photo, it was lucky it wasn't worse and there there was no fire. Another reason to avoid the bus.

I have never been on bus 52 but bus 3 is operated by a racing team. They even skip over bus stops too near the corner so they can turn when other busses that make the same turn will stop at the bus stop. It is a bit annoying that you need to walk past one perfectly fine bus stop to find another. It suggests a low driving skill level of the bus drivers if they can’t handle bus stops 100 meters from the corner.