Please answer these 2 questions about Pattaya.

advancebooking

8 hours ago, advancebooking said:

1. Can you recommend a good Podiatrist?

2. Where can I eat Oysters?

Yes, Im another quality tourist that will be visiting Pattaya next week

thanks

#1 Don't know

#2 Walking Street

10 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Where can I eat Oysters?

Almost anywhere along the coast, oyster beds everywhere.

Would depend on how you want to eat them, many restaurants serve them as a sizzler, bit of a sticky mess.

The Thai word for oyster is หอย, pronounced 'hoy'. You should just ask any young Thai lady around the Walking Street or LK Metro areas if she knows where you can eat 'hoy', and I'm sure they'll fall over themselves to show you.

As for a foot doctor, the Thais have a bit of an odd attitude towards feet, and I've never heard of a podiatrist here. Just try an orthopaedic surgeon at one of the international hospitals.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Guderian said:

The Thai word for oyster is หอย, pronounced 'hoy'. You should just ask any young Thai lady around the Walking Street or LK Metro areas if she knows where you can eat 'hoy', and I'm sure they'll fall over themselves to show you.

As for a foot doctor, the Thais have a bit of an odd attitude towards feet, and I've never heard of a podiatrist here. Just try an orthopaedic surgeon at one of the international hospitals.

Any shellfish, and including snails too isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/21/2023 at 8:21 AM, Guderian said:

Actually, หอย, pronounced 'hoy', means clam or any bivalve mollusk in general, such as mussels, oysters, etc.

Oyster in particular is said หอยนางรม, pronounced "hoy nangrom"

• Confused 1

On 3/21/2023 at 2:38 PM, jacko45k said:

I've had times when I've had those ho'ys during the wrong time of the month and ended up with blood cockles????

Vibriosis and gono......nasty.????

Edited by Sandboxer