Go-to places for interior design, curtains, kitchen, Etc.

JayBird

Hello all,

Need to renovate a house and looking for suggestions for people to help.

I know of home pro, but am curious if there are other or better options.

Right now looking for sun blocking curtains, interior paint jobs to make the place look nice, and possibly a new kitchen.

Side note:. The house has one of those basic default built-in kitchen inside it.  Are they difficult to remove?

Also welcome any other guidance you may feel will help.

Thank you all.

• 2 weeks later...

Home pro has a very good selection of sun blocking curtains with the level of blocking written on the packages. Global house also has curtains with a good selection of  patterns and lower price,  but not quite the same quality material and sun-blocking as home pro. For kitchens, furniture, appliences ect. try Boonthavorn Huahin on Petkesam road. They probably have the best selection in Hua Hin. You can also have an  Ikea Kitchen installed at a reasonable price.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/1/2023 at 12:12 PM, poobear said:

Home pro has a very good selection of sun blocking curtains with the level of blocking written on the packages. Global house also has curtains with a good selection of  patterns and lower price,  but not quite the same quality material and sun-blocking as home pro. For kitchens, furniture, appliences ect. try Boonthavorn Huahin on Petkesam road. They probably have the best selection in Hua Hin. You can also have an  Ikea Kitchen installed at a reasonable price.

Great suggestions. Does Ikea do delivery upto Hua Hin and also mount the furniture ?

If yes for HuaHin, I assume the order has to be placed with the Ikea in Bangkok area ? or online ?

• Thanks 1

Ikea will deliver and install a kitchen. If you want to go this route you can go online on ikra thailand, design your kitchen or at least review their website for the measurements needed, and then make an appointment at he store for one on their designer to refine you design and place the order. Installation is%15 of total  cost. I just installed an Ikea kitchen myself and was able to plan and purchase with out going to the store. The quality of the cabinets and drawers has been excellent. There is also a new show room of Kitzcho cabinets on Phetcasam Rd around soi 58 that also has very high quality cabinet and does installation. My own experience with their cabinets and installation has been excellent also.

• 1 month later...

The swanky shops in Hua Hin for furniture can overcharge. If you feel the cost is more then back in your home country, chances are that the price is cheating.

Ikea is very good in Thailand. Home Pro not bad but avoid using their handymen who have bad comments all over social media feedback.

Bunthavon is very good also. If you can,  try checking for suppliers in Bangkok province who will accept to come do your work in Hua Hin. They would be cheaper, more reliable and less spoilt by expats/retirees who just pay and don't care/compare in HuaHin.

If possible avoid using the staff in your house developpment as they tend to overcharge for the smallest thing you may ask for.

Don't forget to have the electric setup  fully checked, Even in brand new luxury house developpments in Hua Hin, the work can very badly done and not finished.

Of course, this is not always the case in HH.  Not everywhere obviously, there are also good villa developpments. But one hears of such problems in many fancy developpments.

Try getting a developper to admit work was badly done or even getting them follow up on the snag list. Once you have paid, it's bye Mate. Back home in the UK it can also be the same situation with some crooked real estate developpers. so this happens everywhere I guess.

Facebook in Thailand can be a good alternative for names of reliable service suppliers from other  retirees-expats,  provided you use obvious common sense and instinct.

• Like 1