Prime Minister Wishes Muslims a Blessed Ramadan This Year

webfact

image.jpeg

by Krajangwit Johjit

BANGKOK (NNT) - Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has delivered a message marking the beginning of Ramadan 1444 Hijri.

In a video message shared on Facebook and televised on Thai national television, Gen Prayuth extended his love, thoughts, and well wishes to all Thai Muslims and Muslims worldwide, as they observe the holy month of Ramadan.

The Premier congratulated all those who will participate in the religious observance and urged them to follow their beliefs wholeheartedly and attain success in all their endeavors.

Gen Prayuth also highlighted the importance of the month of Ramadan as a time for cleansing the body and mind, and for reflecting on the teachings of the Holy Quran.

He called on all Thai Muslims to remain steadfast in their pursuit of goodness and to support and care for their families, communities, and country.

The Prime Minister concluded his message by asking for respect for the teachings of Islam and for all Muslims in Thailand, as well as wishing for everyone’s safety, happiness, and prosperity.

He emphasized the importance of being a positive force in society and contributing to the progress and stability of the country.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230323104050940

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2023-03-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In a video message shared on Facebook and televised on Thai national television, Gen Prayuth extended his love, thoughts, and well wishes to all Thai Muslims and Muslims worldwide, as they observe the holy month of Ramadan.

He didn't find the time to go south and deliver the message in person then?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

To who? Here in the West of Bangkok is all full with Muslims and I can't recall he came personally to me to wish me Merry Christmas

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, h90 said:

To who? Here in the West of Bangkok is all full with Muslims and I can't recall he came personally to me to wish me Merry Christmas

He might have used it as an opportune moment to do a bit of election campaigning down south under the guise of well wishing for Ramadan..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Muslims worldwide, as they observe the holy month of Ramadan.

Worked offshore in Saudi for a few years. 

I'd like to know how many faithful kill themselves every year by fasting. 

I worked in the heat with these idiots, they wouldn't drink water all day. 

Good way to see Allah prematurely. 

Edited by Cricky
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Go South? A trip down  Nerm Plab Whan in Pattaya would work!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

I asked Chatgpt and this is what I got

Terrorism during Ramadan is a serious issue that affects many people around the world. According to some sources12, some jihadist terrorist groups such as ISIS and Hamas see Ramadan as a time for military jihad and violence against “disbelievers” and “enemies of Islam”. They often carry out attacks in different locations, targeting civilians, security forces, religious minorities and even fellow Muslims3456

3 hours ago, Cricky said:

Worked offshore in Saudi for a few years. 

I'd like to know how many faithful kill themselves every year by fasting. 

I worked in the heat with these idiots, they wouldn't drink water all day. 

Good way to see Allah prematurely. 

Not eating all the day is no problem at all, but not drinking fluid in a climate like Saudi Arabia is something I didn't think off. No problem in cooler areas...still not good but doable.