Bangkok Airways is Confident as Thailand Tourism in 2023 Cranks Up

webfact

image.jpeg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

The airline plans to operate more than 40,000 flights with an expected total
of passengers carried at 4.4 million in 2023

The airline marks its 55th  anniversary this year and highlights its premium positioning

Bangkok Airways Public Company Limited (BA) foresees that the total number of passengers globally will reach about 70-80% of the Pre-COVID volume due to rapid travel demands and recovery of the world economy. In 2023, Bangkok Airways plans to strengthen and enhance its services to better facilitate its customers and airline partners, highlighting its premium positioning as well as focus on uplifting the operation of its three owned airports; Samui, Sukhothai, and Trat. Additionally, 2023 marks Bangkok Airways’s 55th anniversary and the airline is set to roll out some amazing activities and campaigns. Further, the airline will put more effort into its sustainability development to operate ever more responsibly.  In 2023, Bangkok Airways aims to carry about 4.4 million passengers and operate more than 40,000 flights.

Mr. Puttipong Prasarttong-Osoth, President commented, “International travel and tourism has been gradually recovering which resulted in the rapid recovery for the aviation industry in all regions of the world. For Bangkok Airways, we have witnessed an increase of additional bookings since July 2022, when Thailand lifted travel restrictions. Therefore, in 2022, we had a total carried-passenger number of 2.7 million, which is up by 394.8 percent compared to the year 2021.

We operated 29,892 flights in 2022, which increased by 243.8 percent compared to the year 2021. The overall picture of the total passengers-carried in 2022, it reached about 45 percent when compared to the year 2019 and gradually increased, and by the end of the third quarter of 2022, the total passenger reached 65 percent when compared to 2019.  It is believed that tourists from other countries still saw Thailand as their top destination as many countries lessened their travel restrictions, which resulted in the continued speedy recovery for Thailand tourism in 2022.”

“Currently, Bangkok Airways operates to 15 destinations in Thailand and 7 destinations in Asia. In 2023, the airline plans to attract more Thai travelers to travel within the country and more international travelers to travel in Thailand and the region via Bangkok Airways’s extensive network. The airline aims to achieve 15,000 million baht in passenger revenue with an expected load factor of 76 percent in 2023.”

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/03/24/bangkok-airways-is-confident-as-thailand-tourism-in-2023-cranks-up/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-03-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

1 hour ago, stoner said:

i would be confident too if i had that sweet samui deal. 

Do they still hold that monopoly.

Twenty years ago I can remember asking my travel agent why the Bangkok to Samui return flight cost was close to my Australia-Bangkok flight cost.