Going To Uk For 3 Days

nidge

Hi Peoples,

I have just found out that i have to go to the UK for 3-5 days to renew my visa for work.

Although i would rather have fresh chilli juice rubbed into my eyeballs than go to England unfortunately i have no choice. Now i have to think about what to do while i am there.

If you are a brit and have lived in thailand for some time, what would you chose to do if you were there for such a short time? Other than sit infront of the fire trying to get warm!

Favourite Brit foods? Perhaps i have been 'native' for too long but last time i was forced to go back to the UK i found that food was tastless. Until i got a jar of crushed chillis of course.

Aniseed rock - no problem, how much do you want?

You're back with the family for a few days, sounds perfect. Eat all your favourite Brit foods, visit the mates down the pub, and most important catch up with your parents coz I'm sure they miss you.

I agree .

Make a list...NOW

Enjoy all the foods,books,drinks you crave for.

Watch TV/Cinema ,meet and talk......in other words immerse yourself in what you want to do !

On the outward ,flight , spend a little time planning what you want to take back to LOS.

It will help concentrate your mind on waht you really want to do over here !

Good Luck & Safe journey

:o Wiley Coyote

Favourite Brit foods? Perhaps i have been 'native' for too long but last time i was forced to go back to the UK i found that food was tastless. Until i got a jar of crushed chillis of course.

You've got no favourite Brit foods, not a pack of Jaffa cakes, not a nice lamb roast, not a sausage roll freshly baked at the bakery?

You're coming across as a real 'the glass is half empty' kind of guy Nidge. :o

Come on man, 3 days, it's not enough really. I'd be jumping at the chance for a few days with the family and friends. And that's in Dagenham! Brighton, by the sea in July, lovely.

3 days in the uk.

day 1 say hello to family and freinds

day 2 get pissed

day 3 stay pissed

come back

you might find it a good change to talk to educated people and get what you want at the supermarket instead of getting no have :o cannot...

You've got no favourite Brit foods, not a pack of Jaffa cakes, not a nice lamb roast, not a sausage roll freshly baked at the bakery?

You're coming across as a real 'the glass is half empty' kind of guy Nidge. :o

Come on man, 3 days, it's not enough really. I'd be jumping at the chance for a few days with the family and friends. And that's in Dagenham! Brighton, by the sea in July, lovely.

Sorry for sounding so miserable, i know my glass is normally overflowing and it will only temporaraly be half full. But i left UK because i didn't like it, not because i wanted a change of scenery for a bit.

Anyway, a post of yours in another topic has given me some inspiration.

I am now looking forward to a sandwich with warburtons bread. Probably Picled beetroot and salad cream. Aroi mak :D

Jaffa cakes are awesome, especially if you save the orangy bit till last, but you can buy them all over the place, no need to go to uk.

Full moon, half moon, total eclipse!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring me back a pack of Jaffa Cakes pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzze :D:D:D

Sorry not possible. There is no way i could travel with jaffa cakes. I like to at least try to sleep on the plane, the sound coming from my bag would keep me awake...."eat me....eat me..." :o

Have you considered a career in politics ?

A 3 day stay,might qualify you for a leading position in any of the major parties ,Labour,Conservative or Liberal

They are all looking for "new blood" .

And it would be doubtful that you would be able to sell honours,become an alcoholic,do insider trading ,have affairs with women/men/domestic animals within that short period.

Therefore you may well find yourself would eligible for office !

Te-hee

A 3 day stay,might qualify you for a leading position in any of the major parties ,Labour,Conservative or Liberal

And it would be doubtful that you would be able to sell honours,become an alcoholic,do insider trading ,have affairs with women/men/domestic animals within that short period.

Therefore you may well find yourself would eligible for office !

Te-hee

I don't drink enough to be an alky, i fall asleep first! And an affair in only 3 days? What sort of domestic animals do you know? I thought it took at least a week unless you count leg humping and belly rubs.

Do politicians pay taxes? I'll consider it if the answers no.

See if you can grab yourself a bit of fat ass farang why your out here! :D

why grab a "bit of fat ass farang" in the UK when there are plenty fat ass, flabby assed, beer-bellied men in Thailand he can choose from here already? :o

Yeh, anyway..

- Definately catch up with the family and friends!

- Take a suitcase of full of things from here, tale back a suitcased full of things from there.

- Arrange for a family bbq? COok some proper thai food also and have cultural mix of foods.

- Take lots of photos.

- Even if reminded about things you dont like, rather than like, be curtious and respectful. Dont be an expat ass!

- Eat, drink and be merry.

:D

The new Foreign Secretary looks about 12. Experience is the key in politics.

See if you can grab yourself a bit of fat ass farang why your out here! :D

why grab a "bit of fat ass farang" in the UK when there are plenty fat ass, flabby assed, beer-bellied men in Thailand he can choose from here already? :o

Men? Oh sorry I didn't realise.

Nothing wrong with me liking shapely women is there?