Putin says Russia to station nuclear weapons in Belarus for first time since 1990s

onthedarkside

image.png.b7f517df67afbeacd2937d78afc7716c.png

Russia will station tactical nuclear weapons in neighbouring Belarus, marking the first time since the mid-1990s that Moscow will have based such arms outside the country.

President Vladimir Putin made the announcement on Saturday at a time of growing tensions with the West over the Ukraine war and as some Russian commentators speculate about possible nuclear strikes.

"Tactical" nuclear weapons refer to those used for specific gains in the battlefield rather than those with the capacity to wipe out cities.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-26/putin-says-russia-nuclear-weapons-for-belarus/102146644

image.png.d1703e7a9d853761229183372ff22fcf.png                            

The west should consider "storing" some nukes in Ukraine to replace those that were given up in the Budapest agreement in the 90's. Ukraine had a huge supply of nukes left over from USSR days. They foolishly accepted Russian promise to respect Ukraine's borders in exchange for going nukeless.... should have at least kept 2 or 3....

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Emdog said:

The west should consider "storing" some nukes in Ukraine

Do you realize the "West" has stored enough nukes to end the world many times over in the territories of its Euro allies for decades?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Emdog said:

The west should consider "storing" some nukes in Ukraine to replace those that were given up in the Budapest agreement in the 90's. Ukraine had a huge supply of nukes left over from USSR days. They foolishly accepted Russian promise to respect Ukraine's borders in exchange for going nukeless.... should have at least kept 2 or 3....

Not needed....????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Putin doesn't want to start using the nukes, he wants a third party to do his dirty work. This invasion is going way too far and must end.

Tell that to Putin and the Russians then.

They started this war and they are the ones escalating it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Please let me take over 1/3rd of your home, property, vehicles and bank accounts we can then talk about peace if you leave me alone with what I have taken from you......are you fricking for real?

and then the rest of Ukraine

and then Russia's border countries of Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and Poland.

and then the Ukraine's border countries of  Hungary, Moldova, Romania, and Slovakia.

and then the Iron Curtain countries of Eastern Germany, Czech Republic Yugoslavia, Bulgaria and Albania.......

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2023 at 6:13 AM, onthedarkside said:

Russia will station tactical nuclear weapons in neighbouring Belarus, marking the first time since the mid-1990s that Moscow will have based such arms outside the country.

Belarus is going the right way to annex itself from Europe and many other nations.

Maybe they should consider which is the best option, side with the west or Phutin.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mania said:

Do you realize the "West" has stored enough nukes to end the world many times over in the territories of its Euro allies for decades?

Yes, of course.

But do you realize that it is Putin who is threatening to use nukes against Ukraine?

Just checking

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/26/2023 at 6:26 AM, SunnyinBangrak said:

Oh man this is waaaaay outta control now. I know it will hurt, but wouldn't it be a good idea for the dems to bring Trump onboard and negotiate with Putin before we all perish? He is about the only guy that has Putin measured up properly and able to deal with him.

This post has to be a "windup" and so far it has been the best laugh of the day, however I'm sure there are other unfortunates out there who may think the same way?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

This post has to be a "windup" and so far it has been the best laugh of the day, however I'm sure there are other unfortunates out there who may think the same way?

I agree it would be "the best laugh of the day" if the poster meant it as such!. 

Unfortunately there are still deranged people, like the poster and his ilk, who actually believe that dangerous rhetoric!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Feel free to show us the axis of evil have been more quiet under Sleepy Joe ? Nah, thought not. This is down to weak Joe

TOPSHOT - Russian President Vladimir Putin and China's President Xi Jinping make a toast during a reception following their talks at the Kremlin in Moscow on March 21, 2023. (Photo by Pavel Byrkin / SPUTNIK / AFP) (Photo by PAVEL BYRKIN/SPUTNIK/AFP via Getty Images)

They are both thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder if this drink is laced"....:huh:

• Haha 1