Honda Wave 110i Vs 125i

I have yet to rent either of these bikes to get a feel....

I am 187cm and 95kg with gusts to 105kg.

The engine on a 110i has been a workhorse in SEA for several decades....but I can't find any history or reliability info on the 125i version. Anyone have this?

The more expensive bike may be a better buy... but is it really? Riding up Doi Suthep Chiang Mai...would a 110i manage easily? Only me riding 

Thanks for any comments 

110 and 125 , both super reliable workhorses . Maintenance costs just the same .Difference ; the 125 has more power , not that the 110 won't do , but the 125 just has more juice . For the price difference , i would take the 125 every time . You want to spend the least possible , go for 110 or look 2nd hand .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The 110 is fine, the 125 is better as it has a bit more power, and extra lights.  It also has marginally more vibration than the 110.

But if you can stretch to the 125 Trail or 125 Supercub, they have ABS, which could be very valuable.  

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 7:46 PM, Kinnock said:

The 110 is fine, the 125 is better as it has a bit more power, and extra lights.  It also has marginally more vibration than the 110.

But if you can stretch to the 125 Trail or 125 Supercub, they have ABS, which could be very valuable.  

Supercub C125 in Thailand don't get ABS, but the keyless feature is nice... but not twice the price of the Wave or Supercub 110 nice

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 8:46 AM, Kinnock said:

The 125 might have about another 1.5 horsepower, assuming 100 HP/Liter which may be stretching it.  But every bit helps.