Forza Servicing.

When I take my Forza for it's oil change, I would also like the  filters changed. It has been 20,000 Ks since they were last changed, so as regarding the filters what should I ask the Honda agent to do?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jchfriis said:

According to the owners manual the oil should be changed every 12000 km and the filter every 24000 km. Personally I would change the filter with every oil change, and I would do the change more frequent than it says in the manual. Oil change is not where you want to save money.

That's fine thanks, when I was told the oil filter should be changed every 20,000Ks, he mentioned filters which gave me the impression there was more than one. So there is only one filter I need to bother about?

10 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

That's fine thanks, when I was told the oil filter should be changed every 20,000Ks, he mentioned filters which gave me the impression there was more than one. So there is only one filter I need to bother about?

There is of course also the air filter which should be replaced every 24000 km according to the manual.

If you don't have the owners manual, here's a link:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1676410/Honda-Forza-300-2019.html?page=75#manual

The recommended intervals are probably OK in Japan but not so much in a hot, tropical country with much higher dust and soot levels. I'd be changing both oil and filter at 10,000 max. In every bike I've owned in this climate I did them at 5,000 Km. Using synthetic oil obviously does increase the change interval but dirt is still an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I was told the oil filter should be changed every 20,000Ks

The intervals for most recent Honda bikes that I've seen are multiples of 6000km. So would be strange to have something be changed every 20000km. I just let them follow what the manual says. If I ride in an environment with elevated levels of dust or other polution then I cut the interval in half for the air filter. For oil (and filter) I'd only reduce the interval if I ride the thing hard frequently.

It's a Honda and it's a Forza. I wouldn't worry too much and just follow the manual but if you want to err on the safe side just change them twice as frequently. It's not too expensive as others mentioned.

• Thanks 1